GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing some TV ads lately for Eagle One's tire and wheel care products, and the one showing water and even honey just sliding off a treated wheel looks rather promising. Anyone have any experience with it or any of their other products?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jsimms: Thanks for the link. That one batch of photos look good, but I'm not interested in using a tire gel. It's Eagle One's wheel cleaner I'm curious about and would like users' opinions of -- how easy it is to use and how well its alleged special qualities work and how long it holds up. Does it really work better than any other quality wheel cleaner? So far I've just been cleaning my wheels with the Mother's car soap I use when I'm washing the entire vehicle. They end up looking good, but the TV ads give the impression the Eagle One product will repel crud before it can accumulate. True, or B-S?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Maybe Bonk could answer that one :)

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I still use the eagle one products (Nano Wash n Wax soap, wheel and tire cleaner, Wax as you dry, tire gel) I like them all. I have not seen an ad with the honey. Not sure I will pour honey on my car either to find out.

I think that the wheel cleaner works well. I have both the aerosol and pump spray kinds. Both do a very good job with loosening the dirt of the wheels and tires.

The tire gel is still my favorite, and I am really starting to enjoy the Wax as you dry (you just spray it on the car as your drying, and it leaves a very nice and smooth finish to the car)

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bonk: Thanks for replying. I don't intend to put any honey on my wheels, either. That demo is supposed to show that brake dust and road crud won't stick to wheels that have been cleaned with the Eagle One product. And that raises the question, do such wheels really stay cleaner longer than they would without it or than with any other wheel cleaning product?

I've been using Maquiar's Hot Shine Tire Spray on my tires and like the look it leaves, like a brand new tire rather than the glossy look I suppose a gel would produce. Just my preference. But if I use that Eagle One product, would it react in any undesirable way with the Maquiar's tire spray already on the tires?

Additional information about using the Eagle One wheel and tire cleaner would be helpful and interesting for a lot of us.

Has anyone else here used it?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I just got done washing my car. I was going through my shelf of STUFF for washing and I found this one pictured below. I think this is the stuff that you are talking about. I still have not seen any ads for it, but have used it 1 time before. This is to be used after you have cleaned the wheel, and dried it completely,
it is a top coat protectant that you spray on, is suppose to repel for 2 weeks. They do offer a money back guarantee on their products.
The first time I used it, there was still some water inside the lugnut cavities. So when I drove down the road I had a pinwheel white streak all over my wheels. It washed off with some soap and water. I have not used it since.
But for you BOBBO, I reapplied it to my front left wheel only, to see how it works this time. I took the leaf blower to the wheel prior to spraying it on to get all the water out of the little hiding spots. I just applied it 5 mins ago, 7 after typing this, and it is suppose to be dry in 15 minutes. I will probably give it more time before driving just to make sure. I will let you know how I think it did.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bonk: Bingo! That's the product. They don't even show it on their Web site -- I wonder if it's too new. How long have you had yours?

Thanks for the special effort. I'm looking forward to learning the results of your test.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
BOBBO said:
Bonk: Bingo! That's the product. They don't even show it on their Web site -- I wonder if it's too new. How long have you had yours?

Thanks for the special effort. I'm looking forward to learning the results of your test.
Probably had it 2 months or so.

NOT a good test. I had to run some errands, after typing the above posting. I let the spray dry outside, not in direct sunlight, and still had a white haze on the rim after about 30-40 minutes. The directions say to spray on all surfaces of the wheel, and let it dry for 15 minutes. Do not touch it after applying, and that a haze will form, but dry invisible.

So I wiped it off while it was still hazed becuase I had to leave and didn't want it spraying all over the car going down the road. I will give it another try some other time, but 2 strikes against it so far, maybe 3rd time will be the charm or I will be done with it.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bonk: Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear it's not going well. Let us know how it finally works out and if the news is good, what the trick is.

A thought just occurred to me. I wonder if you were to phone their customer support if they would provide any explanation for the difficulty you had or some hints on how to avoid the problem. If they really do guarantee their products, it might also be interesting to ask them if they're getting many similar complaints. And since they don't show that particular product on their Web site, have they taken it off the market?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
FYI, I have been using Eagle one car wash, tire and wheel cleaner, tire shine, wax as you dry and wipe and shine for over a year or so now.... product prices range from $5.XX and up usually.

Well I just went to Advanced Auto Parts and they have all of the Eagle one cleaning/detailing products on sale for $3.99 each... they even have a new car wax out that is normally $9.99 and it is also on sale for $3.99 so I picked it up to try it out.
Check it out, like I said I have been using it and think this stuff is great. The other day I was washing the wifes car, and it hasn't seen a washing in quite sometime. I sprayed the wheel cleaner on, let it eat for a minute, and spread with water and watched the black build up come flying off without even scrubbing it. I was impressed, turtle wax wheel cleaner didn't do that, still needed to scrub it.

you can purchase online, and free shipping over $75.00 or visit the local store. I just bought $60 worth ;D stock up while the getting is good :thumb:

Sale good until March 31st
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PartSearchCmd?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&pageId=partTypeList&suggestion=&searchTerm=eagle+one

This is what the tire gel looks like... I really like it.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
bonk1313 said:
FYI, I have been using Eagle one car wash, tire and wheel cleaner, tire shine, wax as you dry and wipe and shine for over a year or so now.... product prices range from $5.XX and up usually.

Well I just went to Advanced Auto Parts and they have all of the Eagle one cleaning/detailing products on sale for $3.99 each... they even have a new car wax out that is normally $9.99 and it is also on sale for $3.99 so I picked it up to try it out.
Check it out, like I said I have been using it and think this stuff is great. The other day I was washing the wifes car, and it hasn't seen a washing in quite sometime. I sprayed the wheel cleaner on, let it eat for a minute, and spread with water and watched the black build up come flying off without even scrubbing it. I was impressed, turtle wax wheel cleaner didn't do that, still needed to scrub it.

you can purchase online, and free shipping over $75.00 or visit the local store. I just bought $60 worth ;D stock up while the getting is good :thumb:

Sale good until March 31st
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PartSearchCmd?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&pageId=partTypeList&suggestion=&searchTerm=eagle+one

This is what the tire gel looks like... I really like it.

Nice look to the tires. Let us know how long that shine lasts.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
for me it has lasted about 2 weeks or so. depends on rain and such, but keeps nice shine.

I also use stoner sometimes, that also keeps a nice shine.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
bonk1313 said:
for me it has lasted about 2 weeks or so. depends on rain and such, but keeps nice shine.

I also use stoner sometimes, that also keeps a nice shine.
Two weeks is nice duration for that.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Used to love the 'wet' look. Have gone to the other side of the spectrum. Currently using Black Magic Titanium Matte Tire Finish which lasts about 2 ~ 4 weeks with no sling or staining on your driveway either.

But it looks good Bonk! 8)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Eagle One wax as you dry is a great product. I personally love the wet tire look. Worth the extra steps to make it look really good. I have used the "Keep wheel clean" and found it quicker to just wash the wheel more frequently. It was just a pain in the butt to apply, wait to dry and deal with water streaks from the lug nut holes. If you really want your wheels to look great fora real long time. Apply ZOOPSEAL once a year and be done. It is a bit of work once a year, but the stuff is liquid kevlar for your aluminum wheel finish. If you don't have the aluminum wheels, you are SOL...wash them more often :p

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
just checked advanced autoparts site, they are doing the 3.99 sale again.. ENDS TODAY

check it out here

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
bonk - I know I'm coming to this party late, but I bought that tire gel and no matter how long I wait, even 24 hours, I get slings ALL over the side of my car. I had used it on the Acadia before (which is carbon metallic and would hide that pretty well), but when I used it on my white Camaro, it was ALL over my car. I had to completely rewash my car since it got everywhere. Now in fairness, the Camaro has VERY wide tires and flaired rear quarter panels, so it tends to kick up a lot of crap from the front tires and deposit it on the rear quarter panel "gills", but this was a MASSIVE amount of product. Have you not had this experience?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
admin said:
bonk - I know I'm coming to this party late, but I bought that tire gel and no matter how long I wait, even 24 hours, I get slings ALL over the side of my car. I had used it on the Acadia before (which is carbon metallic and would hide that pretty well), but when I used it on my white Camaro, it was ALL over my car. I had to completely rewash my car since it got everywhere. Now in fairness, the Camaro has VERY wide tires and flaired rear quarter panels, so it tends to kick up a lot of crap from the front tires and deposit it on the rear quarter panel "gills", but this was a MASSIVE amount of product. Have you not had this experience?
Cant say that I have noticed the sling. I try to put it on so that it is a thin layer and not real thick. I also have the carbon so maybe i am not seeing it if there is just a slight amount. next time I do it, I will take a white cloth to the fenders and doors and see if I pick anything up.
I have gotten more sling from the stoners tire shine leaving spots on the car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts