GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying this particular DVD player and I am trying to figure out if it will work in an Acadia since the headrests are a little different. It comes with a headrest bracket that you leave on the seat and can easily remove the DVD player to use elsewhere. The package states that it might not be compatible with all headrests. My Acadia is on order so I can't try it out, but I would like to get the player now. Just hoping someone has tried this for a car player! I guess i can always run by the local dealer that I am not buying from since their prices are too high. TIA!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think it will work with the front seat head rest, but the 2nd row head rests are permanent, they do not move so I do not think you will be able to slide the mount on the 2nd row headrests.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Hokie,
You should look at the Audiovox dual screen dvd player. It has 2 screens with the dvd player built into one of the screens and has straps that go around the head rests. You can use it with both screens or as a single screen. It also has a remote control and costs about $150 at Target. I bought one of these for each of my sons and the really like it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I also have a similar dual screen RCA unit on the front headrests. It was $139 less a $40 rebate plus shipping. ($115 or so total)

Works great and a good bargain.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
jsec2,
sounds like you got a great deal on that unit. Where did you get it?

·
Registered
111 Posts
If/when any of you have time, would you mind posting a picture of what it looks like with the DVD attached to the headrests? I can't visualize it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
395 Posts
deanne said:
If/when any of you have time, would you mind posting a picture of what it looks like with the DVD attached to the headrests? I can't visualize it.

Thanks!
Here is my RCA mounted on the headrest. I've also got some $6 stretchy covers on the front seats (I can get pretty dirty at work sometimes). I got it from TigerDirect.com (though it looks like they are gone now).

The 2nd picture is my Garmin GPS with RAM mount (also a cheaper (though not as elegant) solution to factory navigation), if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes, there is a cable that runs under the seat cover up to the other side. It actually tucks in quite neatly along the edge of the seat, if I recall. There is also a power cable up to one of the units.

·
Registered
389 Posts
So if you don't have the fancy spandex seat covers, they are exposed. I guess if it runs down and right next to the console, it may not be a big deal. Where is the DVD loaded? I could not tell form the pictures.

·
Registered
395 Posts
No, the wires are not exposed. They tuck into the edge of the seat trim quite nicely (Maybe 3 inches is exposed). One of the units opens like a book and the disc goes in vertically.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I guess it would be easier to see of no seat cover (though I understand why you have them) but I am trying to visualize how the cords tuck into the seat trim. And it mounts to the headrest posts?

·
Registered
395 Posts
There is a hard plastic edge along the sides of the seat back. The seats are cushioned, so you can push the soft part and stick the wire under the edge of the hard part. If I recall, they can go in maybe 1/2" - 1" before you get to where the hard and soft parts are fastened together.

I'd take a picture but prefer not to remove the covers, since fastenening them can be a pain.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks for the description. That really helps. Keep your covers on!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts