GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a Jeep Cherokee 5.7 thinking of buying a Acadia
Worried about lack of power & if folks are getting between 15/17 gas mpg in the city
That isnt that big of diffrence 13/15 mpg
Anyone care to chime in PLEASE
DANK

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: Anyone trade from a Jeep cherokee limited 5.7 to an Arcadia????

Yes to your mileage question.

But...all of us that own Acadia, and others on this forum spell it without the R! ;D

·
Registered
306 Posts

I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee (5.2L) which I had before the 02 Acura MDX which I sold for the 07 Acadia. I also have friends with the Jeep GC 5.7L which I have driven from Va to Pa and the other one to Michigan and Kentucky. They bought drove well and had reasonable performance and not what I'd call good gas mileage, but OK.

The guy who bought my Jeep, also bought my MDX in Feb and about 4 weeks ago, he bought an 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with the 425hp, 420 lbs torque, 6.1L Hemi--it is wonderful to drive--the gas mileage is terrible--around 12 mpg--but worth it!!

The Acadia drives the best out of all the cars noted above. It gets the best gas mileage of all the cars above. The Acadia will not beat the Jeep 5.7 in the quarter mile--but it sure is a more enjoyable drive than the Jeep 5.7

However, the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 6.1 Hemi will give you a smile that you can not get rid [/color] of for quite a while!!

It's a matter of choice--if you want performance--trade your 5.7L Jeep for the 6.1L STR-8. If you want good gas mileage and a very pleasant ride--get the Acadia.

my two cents worth.

·
Registered
269 Posts

Well, we had a Jeep GC Ltd 4.7 V8, and can say you will enjoy driving the Acadia if you are not racing. It is much more comfortable than the Grand Cherokee and much more sure footed than the Grand Cherokee.

But as far as power off the line and available power at any speed, the Acadia is an entirely different animal. You need to examine the specs and compare, but the Acadia is at least 500-600 lbs heavier than the Grand Cherokee, and from the 5.7 you are dropping 50 HP and 120lbs of torque. From our grand Cherokee (an 04), the Acadia is 900 lbs heavier, and while we gained about 40HP, we dropped 60lbs of torque. any way you cut it from either Grand Cherokee, the change in the weight to power ratios is fairly dramatic.

Only you can answer if it is fast enough, but if that was what we were concerned about, I doubt we would have been interested in the Acadia, you might be best looking at the Mazda CX-9 or the Acura, maybe the Infinity. For the conventional SUVs, the Aspen is getting decent reviews. The Denali and a V8 is probably a year away, but GMC could always surprise with a 2008.5.

What we were concerned with was comfort, value, and space- and the Acadia excels in those. The economy is also there--where we were averaging about 15 in our area, now we are seeing about 19-20.
It still accelerates well, but doesn't excel at accel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts