GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I have HPT Pro with an MPVI for running Wideband. Wanted to know if anyone was tuning their Acadia.......

J

·
Registered
37 Posts
As soon as my warranty runs out, I will be... :D

I'd love to see what a tuner could do for shift points and torque. I bet there's some power to be had in these engines. I just wish there wasn't a risk of voiding the warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you could always just flash the stock tune back in before any warranty work...... That is what I did with my 07 TBSS. I'm sure there is an abundance of Torque Management in the Acadias. As is with any modern GM. I took a peek at the 08 PCM and the transmission properties seem endless.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have you found any information on other cars using the same engine? Any kind of performance tuning done on those? I've looked around a little and didn't find anything. I know that my 96 Ranger gained 26ft. lbs of torque and 15HP with a tune. That was with ~145HP and 180TQ to start with. So, i'd imagine with the Acadia engine, there should be a somewhat large window for gain.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, this is my first stop. (Especially since I just got my Acadia yesterday....) Basically want to see who is and what the are doing for modding. I can search the HPTuner forum but have no idea what cars came with the same motor/PCM combo. Do you know of any? I know you can turn off all TM, traction control, raise torque limits specified for each gear, tailor the shifts via speed vs throttle %, change rev limit, disable speed limiter, tune spark advance via MAP and RPM, really the list goes on and on. I KNOW there is a lot to be gained. I have done all this in my 98 Camaro, but it is alot more basic on the tuning side of things (especially since it is a 6 speed). Just looking for pointers of where to start. Does anyone have a snipping tool? I had one before I ditched Vista.... But thats another story. If I can get ahold of one of those I will be able to get some screenshots of what there is in there and post them here for the members to see all the variables that can be tweaked.

·
Registered
487 Posts
supajut said:
Well, you could always just flash the stock tune back in before any warranty work...... That is what I did with my 07 TBSS. I'm sure there is an abundance of Torque Management in the Acadias. As is with any modern GM. I took a peek at the 08 PCM and the transmission properties seem endless.
FYI they can tell that it has been flashed some service techs just don't give a crap. But if you ran into big problems and they had to have help from a regional master tech they may call you on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm, I have never heard of this....

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I have it for my V8 Gen 3 converted cars to get rid of SES lights, set fan temps, disable fuel pump cutout, and such. I could never get the LC1 wideband I bought to interface with it via the EGR wire (read about that in the HP Tuners forum). I've never dabbled with all the tables, etc.

I've never considered (nor would I be "allowed") using it to mod the Acadia, although I did check their website the other day to see if they were doing anything for the Challenger- they aren't.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, its actually not that hard to run the WB02 through the stock narrow band position. I have it setup on my Camaro so that all I do is take out the stock NB02 and replace it with the WB02 plug it into the factory harness then just run 3 wires to the MPVI interface (WB, ground, and calibration). The factory harness runs the 12V power, a ground, NB02 low signal and NB02 high signal. Its really nice because the bung is already there and your computer doesn't know any different. What vehicle(s) are you trying to set it up in and what is the WB? Mine is an LC1. If you have the same I can help you with the wiring.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Thanks, I will let you know if I need to try this. I'm trying to sell the car I had it installed into, the others are doing pretty good in this respect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts