GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Anyone here have the remote dealer installed long distance version? Both my Acadia's have remote start and it works great. Any thoughts on the cost and effectiveness of this option would be appreciated as I am considering it. Thanks, Tim

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Yes, we have it- I think the cost was around $200 (option code VBS). I like the extra range, mainly for starting and getting the inside cooled down, plus it lets you know the motor is running (feedback).

Moving to the Aftermarket/Upgrades section.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have it in both vehicles. That is the best part. The remote has a second vehicle option. I use the same remote for either vehicle. It does increase the range and has the neat feadback features (start, doors locked, tire pressures, Odometer, fuel level).

·
Registered
14 Posts
What timing!!

I'm sitting in the dealers waiting room having it installed right now.

$260

Can't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I had one installed pretty much the same price. It's great had to change the battery after a month though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OOPS!!

Spoke too soon.
Ended up being sent home with a LONER VEHICLE !!
Apparently, it's a little more involved than the service guys thought.
They said they have to replace the antenna (remove roof liner), and replace all the electronics related to the remote.
Didn't see that coming.
They had a couple other items to do, as well.
Some kind of recall item involving the transmission shift/park indicator?

Any way.
HOPEFULLY, they'll finish it all tomorrow.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi scannerman,

keep me posted on how you like it. I am considering it but need a push. Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have the VBS advanced remote and think it's great. The extended range and verification when the engine is remotely started,doors locked or unlocked were well worth the cost of around $200. I just changed my first remote battery shortly before 6 months of use. Only one advanced remote comes with it but you still can use your standard remotes.

Bobby

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I only have one issue with mine, the display scuffs easy. So I cut a piece of screen protector from a sheet for my Nav and put it on the display screen. I also put a coat of plastic wax on it before I applied the screen protector. Other than that it work great!

·
Registered
540 Posts
insti08 said:
I only have one issue with mine, the display scuffs easy. So I cut a piece of screen protector from a sheet for my Nav and put it on the display screen. I also put a coat of plastic wax on it before I applied the screen protector. Other than that it work great!
I did the same thing to protect the display. I just used clear wide packing tape. When it get scratched I peel it off and put another piece on.

Bobby

1 - 10 of 10 Posts