GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all first post here. I am currently working directly with a Fleet manager trying to close the deal on my new ride. Just wanted to know if anyone has some info or can mabye clarify a bit on what Dealer Contribution/Group Contribution is. I'm being offered Invoice + Destination and Dealer/Groub contribution.

Below is a copy of the actual Invoice printout (bottom half only sorry.)

MSRP INVOICE INVOICE
TOTAL MODEL & OPTIONS 34685.00 32293.68 ACT 237 31988.13
DESTINATION CHARGE 735.00 735.00 H/B 261 1040.55
LAM DEALER CONTRIBUTION 433.56 ADV 261 433.56
LAM GROUP CONTRIBUTION 346.85 EXP 65A 346.85
TOTAL 35420.00 33809.09 PAY 310 33809.09

MEMO: TOTAL LESS HOLDBACK AND APPROX WHOLESALE FINANCE CREDIT 32270.16

INVOICE DOES NOT REFLECT DEALER'S ULTIMATE COST BECAUSE OF MANUFACTURER
REBATES, ALLOWANCES, INCENTIVES, HOLDBACK, FINANCE CREDIT AND RETURN TO
DEALER OF ADVERTISING MONIES, ALL OF WHICH MAY APPLY TO VEHICLE.
THIS MOTOR VEHICLE IS SUBJECT TO A SECURITY INTEREST HELD BY GMAC.

REMIT TO GMAC NO. XXX
DEALERSHIP NAME VIN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
$ 33809.09 INV XXXXXXXXXXX

33809.09 Is his invoice asking price with the Conquest it drops to 32809.09

Can't combine military discount with Conquest :banghead:... So any thoughts? Look like a solid deal? I'm thinking it may be a good idea to wait till around Jul 4th to sign on anything..

·
Registered
403 Posts
I can't read that, but if you are getting invoice, or close to it, you're doing fine. You might get a few "throw ins" like floor mats, roof cross rails, tri fold cargo mat, etc. With these vehicles selling as soon as they come off the transport truck, invoice is a good deal. Mine was about $150 under. Search the site, there are a ton of items under buying and leasing.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am guessing that "LAM" stands for Local Advertising and Marketing. Folks have reported a few hundred $$ in local marketing costs being applied in some places, and the acronym fits, so perhaps that is it. If it is, many believe it to be a legit charge.

Where I am, (Tennessee), that is not listed on the invoice. I also agree with the above poster, I think at this point getting the Acadia for 10% or so under MSRP and destination is doing pretty well. We got ours pretty close to invoice too through supplier, but I am also pretty sure that if my wife knew what the Acadia would be like 70 days after we picked it up, she would have been happy to pay more than sticker if the dealer wanted a markup. It is a fantastic car, and much nicer than the price.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cravenfan said:
I can't read that, but if you are getting invoice, or close to it, you're doing fine. You might get a few "throw ins" like floor mats, roof cross rails, tri fold cargo mat, etc. With these vehicles selling as soon as they come off the transport truck, invoice is a good deal. Mine was about $150 under. Search the site, there are a ton of items under buying and leasing.
My closest local dealer, who is the largest dealer in NW Indiana, has had 3 Acadias setting on his lot for 2 months and one setting for about 3 weeks. Not sure if the market is slowing down or if potential buyers are holding out for the 2008 models.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Most likely potential buyers are holding out for either end of MY sale pricing or waiting for 2008 models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts