GMC Acadia Forum banner

Anyone have +200k miles on your Acadia?

30K views 44 replies 27 participants last post by  zom10king 
#1 ·
Interested in knowing:

1) model year
2) AWD or FWD
3) original owner, if no how many miles when purchased
4) what significant repairs have you done, i.e. timing chains, radiator, cats, transmission, torque converter, TCM, etc.
5) Any other data points of significance
6) TIA

Reactions: sabbath
#4 ·
2009 Acadia SLT2
217k miles
3rd owner, purchased at 168 K in 2016
Previous owner had to rebuilt tranny at his cost.
currently in need of motor mounts, passenger axle (torn boot) and possibly evap core. I will do all of the work -- just ordered leak detector and hoping it is a line instead of the evap core.
Besides brakes and suspension when I first got it, it has been pretty reliable.

#5 ·
I currently have 290,000 on my 2012 slt. Got it at 10K miles. Things done so far:
*Trans, *motor mounts, *complete engine reseal of all gaskets, *steering pump, amplifier, *catilic converter-both.
I believe that is everything. Best part was my after market warranty paid for half. Engine reseal and transmission was over $8k, I paid $4.

#6 ·
... Best part was my after market warranty paid for half. Engine reseal and transmission was over $8k, I paid $4.
Welcome to the forum.
You're lucky if that aftermarket waranty paid any part for resealing the engine. Most of those products don't cover gasket/seal leaks, only part failures.

#11 ·
Sure. Others might be interested in reviewing their info for possible purchase.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
I bought a 2012 Acadia Denali in March of this year from an individual. 10 minutes after I drove off with it the check engine light came on. I had to replace the engine in my 2012 Acadia Denali with 110,000 miles on it, I believe for the same reason. Also had to have 3 new catalytic converters. My Route 66 Mainstreet warranty covered the engine and labor to install but I had to pay for diagnostics and the 3 catalytic converters for over $3400. The remanufactured engine cost around $3000 and then the labor I think for the engine install was about $2600. So the warranty covered that $5600.

Sadly, 5000 miles later my beautiful Acadia was totaled. So if you need an engine there is one at Zeck Ford in Leavenworth, Kansas. I don't know what the insurance company plans on doing with it. Now I am looking for a replacement vehicle. I really want another Acadia but am so afraid of another problem vehicle.

#15 ·
That's a long time to be with one vehicle. You definitely got your moneys worth out of it.
I wouldn't calls ours a nightmare by any means. I bought mine with 27k miles in 2010 and now has ~118k miles. My kids drive it now. Still a very comfortable vehicle and we always take it on trips whenever the whole family comes along.
Just replaced the front sway bar ends links and spark plugs. A little maintenance goes a long way.

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
07 Acadia... The first year is the worst they always say!
Purchaced 2 years ago with 135k and getting up there. I still wanted to share ALL I HAD to do thus far without even breaking 200k yet. That being said, when it Comes to my ? Acadia she is always needing something ?⏳????????‍???

Driving home.. got on the highway and she was shaking so violently I had trouble holding on to the steering wheel... Obviously I got it right off. Turns out it needed new tires and that would fix the problem it didn't fail inspection treadwear fell right on that line (6 mo later)Tires had to wait because of #2 only a couple days after purchase... The transmission was slipping! FML! The little dealership saw me coming! It was a nightmare to go through and a long story. ???
  • $1500+/- Tires
  • $200+/- transmission Warranty. wasn't even supposed to pay that the dealership was paying the deductible, sent +/-$200 short but I wanted my car back and to be done by that point. $ well spent.
The rest are significant cost and dates are not really fresh on my mind
  • $500++++/- I think it's called resistor part of the exhaust thing had a hole i swear NTB children did it when they put it up on the lift for tires.
  • $200 Fan blower for the heat in the front
  • $500< Master cylinder
  • $3000</> front and rear suspension! Did the lower control arm for $750<> myself on one side temp emergency repair I even had a (20% off coupon for the part ?)
  • $=¥•÷=¥• self-maintenance brake job turned into so much more. Brakes rotors pads speed sensor ( ***** to get out of the hub when previous person doesn't use lube (or grease I know theres a difference I'd watch a YouTube video or Google it first) then the ugly part I think by trying to get the rotor off (male) screwed up the wheel hub bearing thingy I think it's just the hub assembly. Safety first I did not YouTube that repair.. after the hours the brake job ended up taking me I put it in the shop anyways but only for the hub replacement. Rear brake job done ? I'll give some credit to Joe Larry Moe curly "the butinski's"
  • SIDENOTE: And it's not anything I did ? ! You reading this is thinking along the lines of ???????♨??⌛???????.. it's because any time a girl opens the hood of her car or takes out her toolbox it seems to attract male subjects, they can't help themselves and wanna take over the project. A woman is perfectly capable teaching herself to do a brake job via YouTube videos ??? (I would like to thank everybody who posts any type of repair fix it video on YouTube I have learned things like doing maintenance on my car 2 how to diagnose and fix my washing machine?.)
  • $590 not cheap Alternator! I came to the conclusion it was caused by the air freshener that plugs into the lighter/ cell phone adapter port inside my center console. I came to this conclusion after learning that the lighter port in an american-made car does not require ignition to be turned on for the ability to activate the port. Foreign cars need to have the ignition engaged to activate the port. So the if freshener I plug into the cigarette port to make my car smell so pretty @$3.99 ultimately cost me over $600
I want to say thats it besides maintenance... Also, for my current issue that has brought me to this forum to investigate . My TCS light came on. the rear brake job give me the opportunity to learn a little about the sensor because I had to replace the 2 rare. It's just this one is random!... It's winter and I don't want to work on my car in the winter too!

I absolutely love my Acadia even after of all the issues I've had in such a short time with it! For its age it must have been really well taken care of because it absolutely shocks people when they ask what year it is, saying "doesn't look 12 years old " and its is fully loaded with every option (for that period")

It has touchscreen navigation heated seats but that auction was broken when I got it , the one option it surprises it doesn't have is Bluetooth! And I would have thought touchscreen navigation came out after Bluetooth!. They used to have heated washer fluid , it was a recall and they had to disconnect it . as their fix and the owner at the time received some very small amount of cash in place.

Not sure if any of this will help you.. if you have a chance to buy one I would get the warranty although it did help me huge .. kind of surprised it didn't cover anything else.

#20 ·
Not sure if anyone has replied to you already but I had no clue my fully loaded 2010 SLT2 had Bluetooth either. The only way to access is that little button on the right front of steering wheel that I always only used to mute the radio (phone symbol and woman talking symbol) I was told this button was for OnStar. Not true. Hold down for 3 seconds, sounds like OnStar lady's voice says "Ready". Say Bluetooth" ...instructions in Infotainment Manual.

#23 ·
Have 170k miles on my 2012 GMC Acadia, original owner... nothing more than maintenance until 120k with tranny... and there is a leak in ac evac $$$$ so just recharging once a year... in the last month have replaced rear shocks, water pump and looks like it needs a new steering pump and rack... still love the ride and it tows our 5000lb boat... so what more could u ask for.

#26 ·
I bought my 2008 Acadia SLT2 in May 2015 with 130K miles. It now has 292K miles on it 5 years later. I have replaced the following items over the years. Biggest issue has been the electrical issues with the engine harness down by the oil filter. The heat and oil over the years has cooked the wires and the insulation is flaking off. Ive replaced most of them, at least what I can get to. I am about to do the timing chains and try to get another 100K out of it. No transmission issues out of it.

Water pump x 2 - first was a cheap amazon pump, 2nd I used all AC Delco parts, belt, pulley, tensioner
Rear suspension control arms, all of them
Front struts
Front lower control arm bushings
Valve cover gaskets
Intake gasket and rear rubber plug.
Throttle body, but it was not the issue. It was the rear intake port plug.
Oil pressure sensor, not the issue either, was bad wires
Front rotors and all brake pads x 2 or 3.
Tires, Tires and tires
Oil changes are the key, keep it clean.

Most of my issues started with the Service Stabilitrack warning. This warning appears for a number of issues.

#31 · (Edited)
For sure. . . which is why I added my previous post in case the pertinent parties would like to add Bluetooth. (y)
Also, am aware it was the same across the board for most/many GM vehicles in those years. The first Bluetooth GM vehicle I had with factory Bluetooth was our 2009 Saturn Aura XE.

#32 · (Edited)
It was like a 'gold rush' for aftermarket adapters to mod 2007 and 2008 Acadias back in the day. ? ? ? I needed something more portable so I got a smartphone and ear piece (stereo for the music capability), instead. Prior to Bluetooth capability, cell service from one's provider could be added to OnStar. Doing so was such an expensive thing to do in my Lumina that it wasn't an attractive option for the Acadia.

#33 ·
1) model year 2014
2) AWD - SLT
3)Purchased October Miles @ 29,000 Miles - Now @ 265,000 miles.
4)repairs have you done: radiator, cats, Power steering pump, Struts, Tran/motor mount, Fuel sensor
Been good to me for the many trips to Toronto Canada from Boston Massachusetts. Still drive-able.

#34 ·
That is good good use out of your Acadia for those miles. The repairs also seem about usual for the past years (2014) Acadia.

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
2008, bought in 2013
FWD
253,000 miles
Not 1st owner - bought around 85,000 miles
Repairs:
Replaced hub bearings, rotors, arms that hold up hatch and hood, replaced battery once
Maintenance: full synthetic oil changes, transmission fluid replacement, several full sets of tire changes, brake pads, premium unleaded fuel only
Minor issues: window switches failed, speakers and radio stopped working about 2 years ago, headlight lenses damaged by sunlight and elements
Current minor oil leak at gasket
Could use new suspension and transmission replacement - still drive every day.
Most miles were commute - not a lot of city miles

Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Vehicle Gauge

#38 ·
2015 AWD 330,000 miles. Just got it. It's not going into drive after I just changed the trans fluid. It was clunking into gear before that and the fluid looked like crap, so I had no choice but to change it. I don't know of any work that's been done. by the looks of the trans, its all stock and untouched.

#39 ·
My 2012 SLT2 reached 153k before a rollover made it undriveable. I used Mobil 1 since I bought new. Deciding now whether to put in an insurance claim or sell for parts.

Still starts like nothing happened. I feel it would have easily made 200k.

Deciding now whether to put in insurance claim or just sell for parts.

#40 ·
My 2012 SLT2 reached 153k before a rollover made it undriveable. I used Mobil 1 since I bought new. Deciding now whether to put in an insurance claim or sell for parts.

Still starts like nothing happened. I feel it would have easily made 200k.

Deciding now whether to put in insurance claim or just sell for parts.
I don;t know how much time you have to settle on the claim. . .. but perhaps you could call some places or even post in Classifieds here on the forum to sell the whole Acadia as a salvage.
Lot's less head aches and used cars still are fetching good prices. .. even salvaged repaired.

There was two threads here by some member who bought and restored two salvaged Acadias two years ago or so.

I suppose it depends on what the insurance company will settle for.
Any settlement should reflect the higher used car prices even now. .. . . not some 2 year old data from before COVID.

Reactions: nanookvd
#45 · (Edited)
2012 pushing 300 thousand miles all original except starter.. steering rack ..
Timming chain is loud but original leaks oil bad.lol..1/2 court every 2 days on ground doesn't smoke original cats yes engine ligh has been on for 4 years. Always starts wife's favorite car. We have 2 others she stil drives it every day. rwd... v6... 3.6
Oil leaks rear main. And timming cover..
We purchased it at 18thousand miles second owner. I change the oil filter once a year if it needs it or not... lololol . Air ever 30...leaks so bad no need for oil changes..