GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2014 slt. Bought new. 245000 kilometers on it now. Has only required basic maintenance. So far. Touch wood.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Wow. . . good service out of those Acadias. Take a licking and keep on ticking. . . mostly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have 170k miles on my 2012 GMC Acadia, original owner... nothing more than maintenance until 120k with tranny... and there is a leak in ac evac $$$$ so just recharging once a year... in the last month have replaced rear shocks, water pump and looks like it needs a new steering pump and rack... still love the ride and it tows our 5000lb boat... so what more could u ask for.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Have 170k miles on my 2012 GMC Acadia, original owner... nothing more than maintenance until 120k with tranny... and there is a leak in ac evac $$$$ so just recharging once a year... in the last month have replaced rear shocks, water pump and looks like it needs a new steering pump and rack... still love the ride and it tows our 5000lb boat... so what more could u ask for.
Wow. . . that IS good service. Especially when being used to tow now and then !
Thanks for posting !

·
Registered
2 Posts
2009 Gmc Acadia
AWD
Bought at 170,000 miles in August 2019
Will hit 220,000 miles tomorrow.
Have replaced coil packs @ about $200ish. I helped my dad replace them. I have the idea that the transmission was replaced before we bought it but no evidence of that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought my 2008 Acadia SLT2 in May 2015 with 130K miles. It now has 292K miles on it 5 years later. I have replaced the following items over the years. Biggest issue has been the electrical issues with the engine harness down by the oil filter. The heat and oil over the years has cooked the wires and the insulation is flaking off. Ive replaced most of them, at least what I can get to. I am about to do the timing chains and try to get another 100K out of it. No transmission issues out of it.

Water pump x 2 - first was a cheap amazon pump, 2nd I used all AC Delco parts, belt, pulley, tensioner
Rear suspension control arms, all of them
Front struts
Front lower control arm bushings
Valve cover gaskets
Intake gasket and rear rubber plug.
Throttle body, but it was not the issue. It was the rear intake port plug.
Oil pressure sensor, not the issue either, was bad wires
Front rotors and all brake pads x 2 or 3.
Tires, Tires and tires
Oil changes are the key, keep it clean.

Most of my issues started with the Service Stabilitrack warning. This warning appears for a number of issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if anyone has replied to you already but I had no clue my fully loaded 2010 SLT2 had Bluetooth either. The only way to access is that little button on the right front of steering wheel that I always only used to mute the radio (phone symbol and woman talking symbol) I was told this button was for OnStar. Not true. Hold down for 3 seconds, sounds like OnStar lady's voice says "Ready". Say Bluetooth" ...instructions in Infotainment Manual.
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I am gonna go check that out! I'll let you know how that works out!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I am gonna go check that out! I'll let you know how that works out!
Pretty sure your 2007 Acadia will not have Bluetooth. But just in case . . . .
For the Bluetooth to work, you will also have to pair a phone or device to the radio.
Here are a couple videos - - -

·
Super Moderator
19,649 Posts
Yup . . for 2007 Acadia, you would have to install an add-on equipment.
FYI, Bluetooth wasn't available from the factory until 2009. It was optional then, and became standard equipment in 2010 for hands-free calling only.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
For sure. . . which is why I added my previous post in case the pertinent parties would like to add Bluetooth. (y)
Also, am aware it was the same across the board for most/many GM vehicles in those years. The first Bluetooth GM vehicle I had with factory Bluetooth was our 2009 Saturn Aura XE.

·
Super Moderator
19,649 Posts
It was like a 'gold rush' for aftermarket adapters to mod 2007 and 2008 Acadias back in the day. ? ? ? I needed something more portable so I got a smartphone and ear piece (stereo for the music capability), instead. Prior to Bluetooth capability, cell service from one's provider could be added to OnStar. Doing so was such an expensive thing to do in my Lumina that it wasn't an attractive option for the Acadia.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1) model year 2014
2) AWD - SLT
3)Purchased October Miles @ 29,000 Miles - Now @ 265,000 miles.
4)repairs have you done: radiator, cats, Power steering pump, Struts, Tran/motor mount, Fuel sensor
Been good to me for the many trips to Toronto Canada from Boston Massachusetts. Still drive-able.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
1) model year 2014
2) AWD - SLT
3)Purchased October Miles @ 29,000 Miles - Now @ 265,000 miles.
4)repairs have you done: radiator, cats, Power steering pump, Struts, Tran/motor mount, Fuel sensor
Been good to me for the many trips to Toronto Canada from Boston Massachusetts. Still drive-able.
That is good good use out of your Acadia for those miles. The repairs also seem about usual for the past years (2014) Acadia.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts