GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read that the Denali Acadia will have a new transverse V-8.
I was really hoping they would put in a regular longitudinal engine with a different AWD system that would drive the rear wheels when AWD was not needed.
I've driven both, and the rear-drive bias is WAY MORE FUN TO DRIVE.
Inifiniti and BMW use this type of system.

Even if it was a $5000 option, I'd spring for it in a heartbeat. :thumb:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I DOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm not sure I know what the difference would be; with the system locked down (in terms of kicking the back end out in the snow -- I am Canadian after all!) by Stabilitrak and computer-controlled AWD, would you notice a difference?

I'll have to say though that V8 would really be appreciated; I'm growing VERY tired of my Acadia's h-e-s-i-t-a-t-i-o-n when I give 'er the gas from a standing stop.

·
Registered
405 Posts
THANK YOU FINALLY SOME BODY ELSE AGREES WITH ME ON THE V-8. every time i even mention it i get bashed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey R.T. -- Guess I won't edit to add..."unless of course the next tranny flash fixes the issue".

I came to the Acadia from a 170 HP Alero, so I was surprised when I found out just what difference the 275 HP (and added torque - don't remember the numbers) V6 didn't make. The extra weight trumps the extra power as far as I'm concerned!

·
Registered
752 Posts
With you all the way Rollin' Thunder :cheers:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Rollin' Thunder said:
THANK YOU FINALLY SOME BODY ELSE AGREES WITH ME ON THE V-8. every time i even mention it i get bashed.
Hey, I didn't bash you for wanting a V8, just for trying to swap one into a V6 Acadia! If the Acadia was my vehicle to drive instead of my wife's, I'd be dying for a V8.

And back on topic, again if the Acadia was mine, I would prefer a rear biased AWD system. But then all I've ever owned are 2wd pickups so I'm used to RWD in northeast winters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts