GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We sold our Denail for the Acadia and for the most part have been very pleased. I know there is a huge difference going from a huge V8 to the 6 in the Acadia but it seems like they have a real hole in the powerband curve for the car. We have lots of roundabouts where we live and have noticed that when you exit one and are rolling about 10 MPH you really need to stab the gas to get the car moving again. Its like the RPMs drop to some magical low spot in the powerband for the engine that make it feel like the engine dies when you start up again. Has anyone else noticed this with their car. I have noticed it in a few other instances but for some reason the speed that you exit a roundabout makes it really noticable. Maybe a factor of the 6 speed transmission?

Steve

·
Registered
119 Posts
:jaw:

:deadhorse:

do a search on "transmission flash"

most all have noticed it..........

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry - new to the forumn. Thanks for the heads up.

Steve

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice Shot_1.

Anyway, I just happened to be at the mall today and thought about your post so I purposely drove 10mph around the turn islands and didn't notice any issues. I was prepared for the worst but- no it operated correctly with no flat spot. If your 08 is early enough it may not have had the tranny flash.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The 3.6L isn't particularly torque rich at lower RPM, and teamed with transmission tuning that still a lot of people have issue with and is generally accepted as lazy or odd...you get the sensation of laziness overall or a lack of power. Isn't, really, but a side effect or trying to team an excellent V6 with a new 6-speed auto in a rather heavy crossover. It does well, but can feel odd or light to people used to the typical pushrod GM V6/V8 and classic transmissions and tuning.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have all the flashes and this "lowspot" is normal. I have a spot coming home where I turn right onto a 30 mph road that has an incline. If I just gentle push the gas, it seems like the car will not move. I need to push hard to get it moving.

I don't have a problem with this. It's a 5000 lb vehicle and overall does fine.

·
Registered
956 Posts
It's very simple. Your V-8 developed more torque and at a lower rpm. The V-6 is actually quite willing, but it has to be revved up more than the typical lazy V-8. Use the L position on the shifter and select your own gear. It works quite well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I didn't find it particularly bothersome before the flash, but it did improve afterward. I noticed it around the corners in the neighborhood, the flash nearly eliminated it. Good luck, Erik

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all for the responses. Does anyone know when they installed the flash at ther factory. Ours was purchased in March 08 and apparently had been on the dealers lots for about 45 days so that would likely give it a production date of right around January 08. I will ask the dealer to check the codes when we take it in for its first oil change next month.

Steve

·
Registered
166 Posts
scappellino said:
so that would likely give it a production date of right around January 08.
You can find the production date on the sticker somewhere on the vehicle (probably in the driver's side door jamb).

·
Registered
119 Posts
did the "07 flash" become a standard at the factory ?

it was offered as a "customer satisfaction" update to alot of early buyers but not everyone wanted or felt a need for the upgrade.....so that's why i was wondering about the factory install.

flash moved the low rpm dead spot (10-25 mph) to a higher rpm (45-55mph) for me, which is acceptable.

I usually use the "L" setting and manual shift if as needed.

Love the vehicle except for this one characteristic............... :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts