GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We do.. its been 7 weeks a 2 days since we ordered out Acadia (not the 5-6 weeks were we told delivery would be!!). Hopefully they aren't screwing with us that today is the date it goes into production. Hopefully it will be here.. So who else is in the same wait as us?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mine is allegedly this week as well...not sure of the date. You're ahead of me, since I can't get a status code or a date. :banghead:

·
Registered
40 Posts
ME ME ME!!!! Ours is set for production this week, today/tomorrow. YIPPPEEE!!! I am so excited. Like a kid in a candy shop! I stopped by the dealership Friday and everything seems right on target. Event Code 3300 Active Schedule for Production. They told us 8-10 weeks for delivery, so we are within our time frame. :thumb:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Snoukems said:
ME ME ME!!!! Ours is set for production this week, today/tomorrow. YIPPPEEE!!! I am so excited. Like a kid in a candy shop! I stopped by the dealership Friday and everything seems right on target. Event Code 3300 Active Schedule for Production. They told us 8-10 weeks for delivery, so we are within our time frame. :thumb:
8-10 weeks for delivery?!?!?!?! I was told 2-3! Yikes.. I could ride my bike form Lansing quicker than that!

·
Registered
88 Posts
:blob: :blob: Me too....checked with my salesman last week and it's still scheduled to be built today (May 14)!!

??? 8-10 weeks for delivery?? Are you kidding....where do you live?

I should get mine next week....of course, I live in Metro Detroit area so I know I'm getting mine quicker than most. But 8-10 weeks still seems outrageous! ::)

Louise

·
Registered
40 Posts
We live in the middle of nowhere just north of Syracuse, NY. Don't know why but we expected to take ownership around two months after our order. I think that is what our insurance company told us. The dealership told us about the same, so maybe it has something to do with dealership allocations or the whole supply and demand thing? Either way, I was prepared... For the most part. Now I am getting excited, but still a bit nervous. :clap2: When I talked to the dealership on Friday they said ours will be the last '07 Acadia they will receive. They can't keep them on the lot around around here. What kind of surprises me is that the Outlook is almost identical, yet most people (around here) seem to want the Acadia. The Saturn dealership has half a dozen sitting on their lot. Strange..... I am guesstimating that I should have it by the end of the month. Fingers Crossed!!

You know, we all placed our orders on or about the same time, and we are sitting at 7ish weeks, so 8-10 weeks was a reasonable estimation. :angel:

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Regarding the Outlook - I think there are a few factors at play here. First, GMC has a historically better "reputation" than does Saturn. I know I couldn't shake this gut feeling of spending that much money on a Saturn when I was shopping. In my mind, I know they are the same, but still I tended towards the GMC from the start. Second, people already consider GMC when thinking SUV/people hauler. The Acadia is not out of the ordinary in size and function in the GMC lineup, while it's a COMPLETELY new vehicle in every way for Saturn. Finally, there's no pricing stigma that GMC must overcome to sell a loaded $40,000 vehicle. People are accustomed to seeing that and much higher on the GMC lot, given the Denalis. Nothing in the Saturn dealership has ever commanded anywhere NEAR that price.

I don't mean ANY of this as a knock on the Outlook. I think it looks great and we know it's a mechanical and functional twin to our Acadias. I just think they have a much more uphill battle in winning the hearts and minds of full size crossover shoppers. One of the reasons I started these sites and devote so much time and effort to maintaining them is because I truly believe in these Lambdas and want all of them to be wildly successful. I'm extremely proud that GM finally made a vehicle that I can rave about to friends proudly, I can put up against competition from any country and feel confident it will win. I have a TON of pretty hard core European car fans (BMW and Benz mostly) and there's nothing like showing them this american monster and seeing their jaws hit the floor at how nice it is. Almost without exception, every one of them has walked away commenting about how nice the interior is "I can't believe GM made that!!"

·
Registered
40 Posts
admin said:
Regarding the Outlook
That is an excellent point and part of the reason we went with GMC, the other and more pressing being I hate the wood looking trim.

Thanks for the explanation!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
IT'S ON THE TRAIN!!! WHOO HOO!!! [/color] :dancing:​
I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! I can't believe I am about to take ownership of my new baby. I am thinking about 10 days or so, hopefully less, but this means we get the May incentives. So Sweet!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was told 6-9 weeks and I live in Alaska. 8-10 seems like a bit much!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I believe in retrospect the dealership did say 6 to 8 weeks, but to ere on the side of caution, after talking to them and looking at the demand we kind of agreed that 8 to 10 was more reasonable an estimate. Better to keep hopes in check than get too excited and be disappointed. I freak out too easily anyway, so thinking it would take over 2 months was not a bad thing in my case!!!

BTW, FunkD, can I ask where you are in Alaska? We are trying to get to Fairbanks, but the Army seems to have other plans for us. Still trying though!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the call yesterday that our will be in-transit today.. thinks early next week we will have it!! :)
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a build date of 5/14, i got an email from my salesman on saturday that my truck was built already and it had a VIN# and was shipped on 5/11. I should def have it before june. i ordered on 4/7 so this would be right on schedule of 6 weeks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Snoukems, I currently live in Anchorage, but am from the Fairbanks area originally. You should push for a transfer there (Ft. Wainwright) It's beautiful, but a little cold :eek:hno:!

FunkD

·
Registered
18 Posts
Called today and was told it shipped on the 14th - estimated delivery of 10 days :blob:May incentives :thumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think you have to call the dealer and ask.

FunkD

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ordered 4/13, estimated 5 weeks for delivery. Original build date was set at 5/14, but it was invoiced on 5/8, so it was obviously built ahead of schedule. I took delivery 5/18 - exactly 5 weeks after order date and 10 days after invoice date.

I think 8-10 days is the delivery time (time to deliver after built and invoiced), not 8-10 weeks. When I found out it had been invoiced I was told that the dealer couldn't call until it had been 10 days past invoice to check on the status, and they also said that they always call on the 10th day if it hasn't arrived.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We ordered on 4/12 and took delivery of ours last night.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts