GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Acadia that has never had the Over the Air software updates but I received this Halloween themed email from GM seems to imply that may change. That would be great but so far nothing has changed and was wondering if anyone else has any related experience? I would stink if they sent this email knowing my exact VIN (it's even in the email) and then finding out I do not have an "eligible vehicle" as shown in the fine print at bottom of screen shot below.

Facial expression Font Screenshot Technology Multimedia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I own a 2013 Acadia with On Star. When I received the email I called them to findout what it was all about. Was told that on my model that the OnStar Button will no longer work after Dec. 31st. That I now would have to download On Star Guardian to my cell phone to renew my membership and to access On Star for answers. You can not activate the App until you pay your membership however. Since my vehicle is an older model with no navigation or internet I've decided not to renew this year. I've pretty much got all services provided thru my car insurance that On Star offers.
This is how I interpreted what she told me. Not sure of other model years.
That stinks… Not sure how that qualifies as scary “good”

1 - 2 of 2 Posts