GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my last few vehicles, I have found a bumper protector to be an invaluable accessory. I searched various GM parts sites, but I was not able to find one. Is anyone aware of one? Or, maybe the rear bumper does not protrude enough to need one?

(a bumper protector is usually a rubberized piece that runs the width of the top of the rear bumper to protect it from scratches when taking cargo in and out of the tailgate - like this one that we had on our Murano)

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Ahh nice. This just came up with ours this weekend. We were unloading some stuff we got out of storage and remember thinking that 4 inch overhang was going to get all scratched up. Ify ou do find one, let us know. I'd like to get one as well...

·
Registered
523 Posts
You could probably just go to someone that installs 3M clear bras and have them put it on the back bumper. Shouldn't be more than 100 bucks and you won't be able to see it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I lived in New York I had a Bumper Badger, check out this site www.chariotauto.com, that was great for protecting the rear bumper of our car from damage when people parallel parking their car against ours. It is a VERY heavy piece of rubber that is on heavy straps with velcro you stick to the trunk carpet and flip it out when needed. Although it is primarily for parking protection it could serve the purpose for a top of bumper cover when loading and unloading. It costs about $40.

The other alternative would be the cargo mat accessory for the Acadia. It is a heavy rubber mat that can fold out to the lenght of the cargo area with the seats laid down. You could get this and just slide it out when needed. It runs around $65.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
LOL! Now this is the sign of a thorough new member! Your first post was to a thread that had been dormant for more than a year! In fact, this is topic #150 EVER on this forum! You must have gone all the way back to the beginning to find and reply to this! I'm impressed...

And welcome to acadiaforum.net! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, kind of a chump :-\! I got caught in the moment of reading through the posts and realized after I submitted mine that the question was from '07!

Thanks. :cheers:

·
Registered
65 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts