GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into adding an aftermarket subwoofer in the "under floor" panel behind the 3rd row. I have the factory BOSE system installed, but want a little extra "bump" I was looking at the shallow mount Pioneer TS-SW841D 8 inch sub or the TS-SW251 10 inch, has a 2 1/2 inch depth, and a GM-3300T 300 Watt AMP. Has anyone done this? If so, can you suipply me some details of the install?

Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Are you seriously going to turn your Acadia into one of those annoying[/color] BOOMING AND THUMPING vehicles?? Sorry, that was rude of me, I apologize. That sounds cool. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, i am just looking to improve to some deeper bass in my WIFE'S car. It make a HUGE difference in watching movies and listening to music. I have 3 small kids, (6, 4, and 18 months), so no I am NOT looking to rattle the windows. A simple 8 just adds a little bass. You would be suprised what a little extra bass can do to a movie, like in a movie theater. If i wanted to rattle the streets, i'd do that in MY car. ;D

So, anyone added a sub in that spot?

·
Registered
60 Posts
KarolsAcadia said:
Are you seriously going to turn your Acadia into one of those annoying[/color] BOOMING AND THUMPING vehicles?? Sorry, that was rude of me, I apologize. That sounds cool. :eek:hno:
Pardon me for stating my opinion, but you have left this open since you stated your own KarolAcadia....
I think this forum is for "fellow" owners to ask question and gain knowledge about our vehicle(s).
ArticAcadia was just inquiring about if / how other owners may have already done this modification.
I interpreted your reply as a "bash" or "flame" on ArticAcadia and reported it to the Mod's.
I may be way off on this but this is my opinion.
Please return to your normal veiwing!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Let's try to keep this on track folks....

·
Registered
730 Posts
ArticAcadia said:
I am looking into adding an aftermarket subwoofer in the "under floor" panel behind the 3rd row. I have the factory BOSE system installed, but want a little extra "bump" I was looking at the shallow mount Pioneer TS-SW841D 8 inch sub or the TS-SW251 10 inch, has a 2 1/2 inch depth, and a GM-3300T 300 Watt AMP. Has anyone done this? If so, can you suipply me some details of the install?

Thanks
I couldn't recall where..but there was a member trying to hook up a sub underneath the seat (passenger?). I'm not sure if the Pioneer you have in mind would fit.

·
Registered
956 Posts
TunedUp said:
KarolsAcadia said:
Pardon me for stating my opinion, but you have left this open since you stated your own KarolAcadia....
I think this forum is for "fellow" owners to ask question and gain knowledge about our vehicle(s).
ArticAcadia was just inquiring about if / how other owners may have already done this modification.
I interpreted your reply as a "bash" or "flame" on ArticAcadia and reported it to the Mod's.

I think your response to Karol was rude. She did appolgize for what she said so I don't see why it needed another comment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My reply comments were not intended to be a "blast" back, i was only stating what i was tryin to accomplish by adding the sub. I apologize if anyone took offense.

·
Registered
263 Posts
TunedUp said:
KarolsAcadia said:
You are so right... after it was explained to me, i understood. My husband can't watch a movie without the sub booming either. As for me bashing, you, again are right. I live on a fairly busy street and constantly am forced to deal with my window rattling becouse of someone wanting the word to hear what they are listening to. I saw red and took it out on ArticAcadia....again, I do apologize. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts