GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble with keeping the Home Link unit programed. Yes, I do know how to program it. I've had many cars with Home Link in them. The problem I'm having is this. I have a two car garage with two doors. I have programed the Home Link units in my wife's Mercury and my Acadia. Everything will work for a few days and then when I pushed the button, in the Acadia. programmed for the Acadia side of the garage, both door openers respond and open or close both doors. Everything works fine in my wife's car and both the hand held remotes work fine. Anybody got any ideas about this. I'm sure my dealer will tell me the unit is working fine (I wonder how he'll be able to say that without coming to my house?)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Anybody else having trouble keeping the remote garage door control programme

I also have two garage doors & have them both programmed into the Enclave and haven't experienced the problem your having. I actually have all three programmed to different doors...works fine so far. I know this doesn't help but thought I'd mention that they work ok for me. Good luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have similiar but different problem. I have the Acadia and a '07 Sierra that share a 16' door (the same Genie opener). While I can program both vehicles to use the opener, when I add in the keypad remote, both vehicles stop working.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had a sears unit that would not remember the remote and found out it was th pc board in the opener, not the remote. I installed a remote pad and had to reprogram both my vechicles again and then everything was fine. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the Universal Remote buttons work when the car is off(key out). This is a bit of a security issue for me, having an attached garage and a normally unlocked inside door to the house.... Has anyone figured out a work around?

Cheers

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ISCIFI, everyone of the Home Link units I have worked that way. My opener push pad by my back door going into the gararge has on off/on button which disables the garage door. You might check on yours. The only other solution would be to get a switch in the power line to the opener.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Re: Anybody else having trouble keeping the remote garage door control programme

bg1811 said:
ISCIFI, everyone of the Home Link units I have worked that way. My opener push pad by my back door going into the gararge has on off/on button which disables the garage door. You might check on yours. The only other solution would be to get a switch in the power line to the opener.
We had a Nissan and a Toyota that work the same way as well. Also, if you've kept your regular garage door remote in your car and not taken it in the house, you've had the same situation as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Kloogee said:
bg1811 said:
We had a Nissan and a Toyota that work the same way as well. Also, if you've kept your regular garage door remote in your car and not taken it in the house, you've had the same situation as well.
In my VW Passat, the Home Link buttons are deactivated when the key is out, a nice feature IMO - Looks like I will need to poke around behind the button panel to see if i can power the buttons via the ignition instead.

·
Registered
659 Posts

iscifi said:
In my VW Passat, the Home Link buttons are deactivated when the key is out, a nice feature IMO - Looks like I will need to poke around behind the button panel to see if i can power the buttons via the ignition instead.
Its a convenience vs security call by the car manufacturer. The Homelink buttons in my Audi also do not function unless the ignition is on. I have cursed that on several occasions.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can't get my HomeLink to work at all.  I've tried everything without luck.   ???    :(    :-\   :'(    :angryfire:  :help:   :banghead:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I could not program mine like the manual said and had to push the learn button on the opener to get it to work. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
bg1811 said:
I'm having trouble with keeping the Home Link unit programed. Yes, I do know how to program it. I've had many cars with Home Link in them. The problem I'm having is this. I have a two car garage with two doors. I have programed the Home Link units in my wife's Mercury and my Acadia. Everything will work for a few days and then when I pushed the button, in the Acadia. programmed for the Acadia side of the garage, both door openers respond and open or close both doors. Everything works fine in my wife's car and both the hand held remotes work fine. Anybody got any ideas about this. I'm sure my dealer will tell me the unit is working fine (I wonder how he'll be able to say that without coming to my house?)
Mine just started doing what you describe this week. I pushed the button to open my side of the garage and both doors went up. Then the other door would not go down when I pushed the Homelink button that operates it. My side works fine but the other door just quit responding to the button. I also have had several cars with Homelink and never experienced this. What have you done about your problem? Did reprogramming the opener work?

·
Registered
4 Posts
joebrandon1977 said:
I can't get my HomeLink to work at all. I've tried everything without luck. ??? :( :-\ :'( :angryfire: :help: :banghead:
I had to change my main opener's circuit board that was compatible with homelink.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't found a solution. I've reprogrammed my home link several times and it'll work a time or two and then it goes back to the funny stuff. I've had these same openers programmed to several home link units in the past four years without any problems. I've sent Home Link several emails over the past two weeks. They have not answered any of them. Doesn't say much for their CS!

·
Registered
5 Posts

I can't get mine to program :( I'm suspecting it might not be compatible with my system. Although, it's a fairly new system from sears. Does export models operate in a different frequency?

·
Registered
113 Posts
bg1811 - have you tried using different homelink buttons in the Acadia....like buttons 1 and 3 or 2 and 3?

·
Registered
70 Posts

NitroCrzy said:
I can't get mine to program :( I'm suspecting it might not be compatible with my system. Although, it's a fairly new system from sears. Does export models operate in a different frequency?
Did you push the learn button on your opener? I have a newer one from sears and had to do this. I haven't had a problem since, although it hasn't even been two weeks yet.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
This seems like the same experience I had. I also had to get a 2nd person as I could not get down off the ladder fast enough to get into the car and press the button 3 times to get the programming done. Good luck!!

·
Registered
5 Posts

skibum69 said:
Did you push the learn button on your opener? I have a newer one from sears and had to do this. I haven't had a problem since, although it hasn't even been two weeks yet.
Yes, Ive tried everything including parking the rig under the damm thing so I could just stand up and see what the learn indicator shows. I've managed to reset it too and reprogrammed all my other remotes without any problem. At this stage it's either not compatible or I'm missing something.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts