GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was some discussion a couple months back that, in June or July, a converter would become available to turn your XM radio into a Sirius radio. Just curious if anyone had any additional information on that? I'd like to do it as soon as it's available. Just not an XM fan.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It's funny.
When we were first looking at the Edge, I was thinking about how was I was going to convert to XM.

Coke / Pepsi

·
Registered
185 Posts
The GML-SC1 has not yet been released. No new word on it's pending June/July release

·
Registered
405 Posts
kjf said:
Coke. ;D

Kelly

Coke, Chevy or GMC, and XM

:thumb:

all i need

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Racefla said:
It's funny.
When we were first looking at the Edge, I was thinking about how was I was going to convert to XM.

Coke / Pepsi
As I currently have both (Sirius in one car, XM in the other) I can say that, while XM has the deeper playlists (who would have thunk I'd ever hear "You Ain't Worth The Salt In My Tears" again?) I find it to be devoid of personality - like the digital music stations on my cable. XM just feels kind of dead to me. And there's not one station that's half as good as Sirius' "Alt Nation" (Ethel is a poor substitute). So I want my Sirius in the Acadia just as soon as I can get it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
This is direct from xmradio.com:

As long as you are an XM subscriber, your XM radio will continue to receive XM's great programming. And following the merger, we expect that these existing radios will be able to receive a mix of programming from both services to bring you even more choices.

There's no mention as to whether a converter will be necessary.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have been searching all over looking for info on the new module that will work with the Acadia's radio, all I can find is that was supposed to be released spring 2007. There is no other data to be found. I hooked up my starmate to get me through until they release it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am a Xm Dealer and from what Xm is telling me all current equipment will still work when the Merger is in place. So we should have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
492 Posts
treevis said:
I am a Xm Dealer and from what Xm is telling me all current equipment will still work when the Merger is in place. So we should have the best of both worlds.
OT: As a XM dealer do you know what chip-set is in the OEM radios? They seem to have all the functions of a SkyFi1..= none.

It would be so cool to have the functions of a SkyFi2 (scrolling artist / song titles, Artist / tuneslect, stocks-sports scores) or even the Inno's color channel logos.

I recently installed a INNO car kit in my F150 work truck. Other than its mounted to the dash, it is so much more useful & friendly than the GM factory radio.
Thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
For the time being, I have a Sirius Sportster(4) mounted on the windshield and just run a wire into the front aux port. I use XM most of the time but have Sirius around too in case I want to play something from Sirius programming. Doesn't look as great as a factory install but for right now I am extremely happy with both. I would keep XM if I could only have 1, just personal choice.

As far as voice activation goes, you change switch to either XM (Radio 23 XM) or switch to AUX (AUX) and the radio will automatically switch. You can't pick a specific station on Sirius thru voice activation but you can use voice activation to get their. You can pick any station on XM thru voice activation and get there.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I hope the merger goes through. I love Sirius and am hooked. I wish GM would have never signed an exclusive agreement with XM...they are really alienating a lot of die hard Sirius listeners. Many of their foreign competitors offer you a choice. Too bad GM never did that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The merger isn't a sure thing. Terrestrial radio is trying their hardest to prevent it from happening so you never know with all the BS political payoffs and what not. Anyways, even if it is approved I imagine there will be a long time before everything is combined. I need Sirius badly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
fenwah said:
I hope the merger goes through. I love Sirius and am hooked. I wish GM would have never signed an exclusive agreement with XM...they are really alienating a lot of die hard Sirius listeners. Many of their foreign competitors offer you a choice. Too bad GM never did that.
Maybe GM's participation in a $250 million injection of money into XM back in 1999 has something to do with it ?

·
Registered
251 Posts
fenwah said:
I wish GM would have never signed an exclusive agreement with XM...they are really alienating a lot of die hard Sirius listeners.
There are a LOT more listeners subscribed with XM than there are with Sirius. If it weren't for the boost in subscriptions that Howard Stern Nation brought Sirius, who knows if they'd have even made it this far.

Besides, this is nothing new. I believe I am correct in stating that with Ford, only Sirius is available ??? And until recently, you really needed a lot of luck in actually finding a Ford equipped with satellite radio on their lots.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Content is very similar...I switched in January and have been very happy, even more satisfied with Sirius. It's Coke or Pepsi. :thumb:

·
Registered
492 Posts
titelines said:
can't live without xm because the crosscountry channel 12. go americana!

does sirius have an americana station?
X Country (Cross Country) kicks :bootyshake:

It's been my #1, 99.9% channel since discovering it 4 years ago. As some have said, "It's country music for people that hate country music", "Country music....but not that S**T you hear on the radio (FM)". "One of the best kept secrets of Sat radio", Steven King once said "XM12 is the home of the last great Rock & Roll party on Radio".

Always good to find another X Country fan Titelines, SKOAL :cheers:

I have compared SIRI's outlaw channel and it cant touch iXM12 with a :poke:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry, I need my Hair Nation Sirius Station, XM 80's station just doesnt cut it, lol :eek:hno:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.