GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kid #3 means sayonara to the Volvo XC 70. A bit underpowered, but it's been a nice vehicle. Wife is dying for a Mercedes R350, but man is that a lot of coin. We've looked at most 7 seat crossovers, and the Acadia is the first one she's actually enthused about (Taurus X didn't exactly thrill her... most others didn't have the room we're looking for). I'll be looking to buy an Acadia early summer 2008, and was just wondering if there's been any detail or rumor on Acadia changes for 2009. Great forum by the way... very helpful.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The only "rumor" thast has been discussed here is a Denali version of the Acadia and the possibility of a more pwerful engine, possibly an 8 cyl. Do a search for Acadia Denali and I think you will see some of the links to these rumors. Again, nothing concrete. or from GM.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The other rumors for engine that I've heard are the possibility of the direct injected V6 that the Caddy CTS is using.

The most recent rumor I heard was a "high feature" V6 Diesel for the Acadia! This would be the solution for much better fuel mileage, strong towing and that V8 torque feel of the rest of the GMC line of vehicles offers.

This is just my guess...but I would almost put money that GM is working on a hybrid version for the Acadia...something like the 2 Mode they are introducing this year in the Tahoe and Yukon.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Direct injection would be a good thing. According to Motor Trend this month the CTS with direct injection has more power and better gas milage, win win! It's crazy I feel like our Acadia is still new and it's a 2007!!! Now we're talking about 2009!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Full 2009 information will be available from GM in late March/early April...followed by ordering banks opening and production re-start late summer. Until then, it's just rumors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
rme8494 said:
Direct injection would be a good thing. According to Motor Trend this month the CTS with direct injection has more power and better gas milage, win win! It's crazy I feel like our Acadia is still new and it's a 2007!!! Now we're talking about 2009!!
Actually, the EPA says the DI engine is more powerful AND gets lower fuel economy according to the Cadillac web site, but not by much.

TM

·
Registered
681 Posts
On a post here in the past, one of the GM insiders did hint at the possibility of a Hybrid in the future, but this did not pertain to the 2009 model year, just some talk about the possibility.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts