GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Borrowed this topic from a Saturn forum:

(1) Are there any factory-installed accessories you wished you had ordered?
(2) Did you get any accessories you now wish you hadn't?

I'll go first: (1) I'm beginning to wish I had the powered rear lift gate. (2) Nope!

Kelly

·
Registered
58 Posts
The 19" inch wheels, especially since replacement tires appear cheaper than the 18s. Also, wish we had not gotten the sunroofs...I never really wanted them, but the vehicle otherwise met our preferences (and was the only one that we could get like that w/in the period of the incentives, which pretty much paid for the sunroof).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love it but the few I have are...The DVD player is right in the way of the rear view mirror. I wish I had gone with the ones installed in the back for the headrests.
Second, I wish I had the back up camera...its really hard to see backing up.
I'm still in an infatuation stage though :cheers:

·
Registered
487 Posts
TekFan said:
I love it but the few I have are...The DVD player is right in the way of the rear view mirror. I wish I had gone with the ones installed in the back for the headrests.
Second, I wish I had the back up camera...its really hard to see backing up.
I'm still in an infatuation stage though :cheers:
You do know that there isn't a backup camera option on the Acadia yet, right.

·
Registered
497 Posts
1 - No.
2 - No. Could have lived without the DVD player, but figure it will be good for resale. Really didn't want the rear controls. Will be interesting to see if they ever get used beyond the one try to make sure they worked, and the second use to show and explain them to someone.

·
Registered
166 Posts
1: For us, just the trailering package, but the dealer is installing one for us
2:No, not really.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
1) If we had special ordered, we would have added the power liftgate and HUD. Neither of them are essential, but both would have been nice to have
2) Ours came w/ XM, which we wouldn't have ordered, but it's turned out to be pretty nice so, no.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Agree with those saying the back-up camera.

Hopefully, GM will have an add-on cabaility after the 2008 comes out--if so, I'll get it.
If not, well, as my wife would say . . "why do they call them bumpers if they aren't for bumping things??"

·
Registered
12 Posts
We want the cross bars for the roof rack and thinking of the side steps. No regrets, got all the other options except HID headlamps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
#1 - I wish I had ordered the HUD. I have never seen it and my husband said it wasn't worth the money so we didn't order it. However, after reading everyone's posts about it, I wish I had ordered it as well. It sounds really cool (when it is working correctly). ;D However, I still haven't seen it so I don't regret it too much!

#2 - No, I love everything on my Acadia. I just need to read the manual to figure out all the Nav stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't have mine yet, but I ordered the HUD. Three or four years ago, I drove a friend's Aztec on an 800 mile trip - loved it. He has never had a problem with it and it was much newer technology then. I anticipate loving it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Two options I wish we had gone with: power liftgate and power folding mirrors.
One option I will get quickly: cross bars for roof rack

Re: DVD player in headrests (rather than flip-down)--is that a dealer accessory? Do you need a DVD head unit in the dash, or is the player built into the headrests as well?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The headrest DVD is a dealer accessory. The disc goes into the unit itself giving the ability to show one DVD on one unit and another on the other.

I am happy with my Acadia and it's options. It was equipped with everything I wanted except XM and I'll have that installed as soon as it is available as a GM accessory.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't regret anything or wish for any more.

I didn't want to get the DVD player but the one I found had it already. My kids fight over having a movie on every time we get in the car so I swore I wouldn't get another car with DVD. It took them two weeks to notice there even was a DVD player in the Acadia, they were too thrilled with the sunroof and being able to open their own windows. We just don't keep movies in the car, we'll use it only for trips.

·
Registered
183 Posts
1) No.
2) Not really. Mine has the rear cargo audio controls, which seem sorta silly but they were on the model they had on the lot. With the nice weather coming though, I might get more opportunity to use the controls.

·
Registered
306 Posts
As I think about this again, I believe I would have liked to have ordered the RV019 10-spoke 19-inch chrome wheels that I see on the White Acadia that shows at the top of the Forum Logo. I really thing they would show even better on a dark color Acadai.

·
Registered
497 Posts
You can still get them, 002!

And contratulations for joining the 4-star club.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I do not regret one second not waiting for my order.

Couldn't be happier with the dual roofs and HUD. That will be the last time I listen to the wife. :cheers:

Yeah, you here that woman!!! >:D I don;t care what you say anymore!!! :beer: (Please don't tell her I said this :help:)

Serious though, I wanted both but the numbers didn't work when I ordered. 6 weeks later,#'s got better.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts