GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are thinking of picking up a lightweight travel trailer for weekend camping with the kids and have looked at high end tent trailers and the Hi-lo trailers. We really like the Hi-lo trailer and wanted feedback from any current or past owners out there. We were looking at either the 19 ft. or 22 ft. The cover of their 2009 brochure even has an Acadia pulling a 22 ft. model. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
So how much does the 22footer weigh?

·
Registered
912 Posts
exprezchef said:
My wife and I are thinking of picking up a lightweight travel trailer for weekend camping with the kids and have looked at high end tent trailers and the Hi-lo trailers. We really like the Hi-lo trailer and wanted feedback from any current or past owners out there. We were looking at either the 19 ft. or 22 ft. The cover of their 2009 brochure even has an Acadia pulling a 22 ft. model. :thumb:
We saw lots of them when we went away in Oct and we thought they were very cool but I have no idea where in Canada to purchase them. Do you have any other info on them?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The unloaded weight of the 19 ft. is listed at 2690 lbs. and the 22 ft. is listed at 3332 lbs. The 22 ft. is actually no longer a viable pick for me as spare tire "hump" inside of the trailer restricts the use of the dining table to only two people. I am hoping to hear from people who have or now own one and want their feedback.

Their web site is www.hilotrailer.com

If anybody out there has some suggestions for a camping trailer that the Acadia can tow, let me know and I will check it out.

·
Registered
423 Posts
exprezchef said:
are you just rubbing in the fact that it is warm where you are? i wouldnt pull something that long unless i have electric brakes, no matter how light it is.

·
Registered
533 Posts
are you just rubbing in the fact that it is warm where you are? i wouldnt pull something that long unless i have electric brakes, no matter how light it is.
[/quote]

Schram,

I'm the one who usually rubs it in that it is so warm out here ;) We have a few showers today, but on Tuesday we still had 78-83 degrees (and for the prior two weeks).

Smooth [/color] <>< a.k.a. Sm[/color]art A$$ always too[/color]ting about his weath[/color]er.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts