GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I ran over a piece of metal that sliced my tire. The Service Manager said that the tire could not be fixed. He also said that tires were on a one week back order due to the fact that the replacement tire would have to be pulled off of the assembly line :eek: Apparently GM has allocated any and all parts to the assembly plant in order to keep up with production. The Service Manager went on to say that another customer waited three weeks for his part!

Pray you don't need parts for your Acadia during this time of manufacturing backlog. Pray my spare tire gets me around for a whole week ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
What size tire? I see the 18's on E-bay. There mounted and I'm not sure you could get just one but it's worth a try.

Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up Dan, but I think I'll wait until next week for the dealer to get the tire in. $250 to replace a six week old tire. Ouch! I remember buying tires in the past that had a type of pro-rated hazard warranty. No such luck here I guess.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I was thinking about going to the tire dealer and seeing if I could buy a road hazard guarantee on the tires. Has anyone tried this and if so, what did it cost?

·
Registered
492 Posts
TMMAR said:
I was thinking about going to the tire dealer and seeing if I could buy a road hazard guarantee on the tires. Has anyone tried this and if so, what did it cost?
I bought the tire road hazard thing from the dealer. I was told that if something happened to the tire that caused damage to the rim it would be replaced as well. That twisted my arm. Don't remember the cost.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Did you buy it from the GM dealer or the tire dealer?
Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was at the Goodyear store getting the hazard policy yesterday. It was $60.00. They also patched the right front tire. It had developed a slow leak. They found a small hole but no nail. I only have 722 miles on the truck. It sorta sucked to get a tire fixed this early.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
dchillrat,
Did they say that the rim would be covered as well like they told Racefla?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts