GMC Acadia Forum banner

Any 2008 Owners yet?

12K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  mckcab 
#1 ·
I just received a call from my dealer stating that my '08 Acadia will be in on Monday (July 2nd). So I was curious, Is there anyone on this board who has an 2008 yet?

#2 ·
Mines Scheduled to be in on july 15th.

FunkD

#6 ·
Mine was released to the shipper last Thursday. Intransit time was up Monday according to the invoice. But no Acadia yet. Stopped to see the dealer today and he says there is no reason they should be holding them. Especially sold orders. They want them delivered as soon as possible. So its just wait and see. Don't know how long I can deal with the wait knowing its built sitting in some lot.

#8 ·
Talked to the dealer on Friday. He said it was shipped on Thursday. No word yet. Trying to wait patiently. Not doing a very good job of it. I'm going to have to check in tomorrow to see if there's any new info. I would imagine though that the next info will be them calling to say it's in. But when? Out of my control. Must be patient.

#9 ·
katherinet said:
To estrov:

Trust me as a previous ford and mazda owner, and a current 07 acadia owner.
I would rethink the CX-9.
You will most likely regret it.

GM is a much better product.
Katherinet,

I have never owned a Mazda product, but gave up on GM years ago with poor quality cars from 1987 and 1989. I know this is a long time ago, but I started buying foreign and have had good luck.

What is your experience with Mazda?

Estrov

#10 ·
estrov said:
katherinet said:
To estrov:

Katherinet,

I have never owned a Mazda product, but gave up on GM years ago with poor quality cars from 1987 and 1989. I know this is a long time ago, but I started buying foreign and have had good luck.

Estrov
I think you need to be very careful with broad generalizations. I considered the CX-9 as well and though I discounted it and went with the Acadia for other reasons (room, features) my experience with my current Mazda gave me no reason to think relaibility or manufacturing quality was in Mazda's favor. Although I do love my '04 RX8 it has had a fair share of issues (unrelated to the rotary engine) things like chassis issue recalls, broken switches, light assemblies filling with water, sound system failure, that certainly wouldn't make me feel that Mazda's design or manufacturing process is at any higher level than GM's is with tthe Acadia.

#11 ·
estrov said:
My '08 was built last Wed and shipped.

Unfortunately, the dealer ordered an AWD and I wanted a FWD, so my choices are wait for a new order to come in around late August or search stock.

I am leaning towards purchase of a CX-9 from stock.
Is there any paticular reason you want FWD because if the dealer did it he should pay for the difference, and you pay how ever much you agreed on and he makes up the difference, becasue it sounds like it was his fault.

#12 ·
Our 08 was delivered to the dealer yesterday. He called me this morning to tell me that it was there along with another one that was a special order also. Went to see it today. It's awesome. Took it for a drive and loved everything about it. One hangup though. They are unable to tell us whether or not the Conquest Money can be applied. They are waiting for an answer form the Regional Manager, who is waiting for an answer from the Zone Manager. Until then, we, along with the other people who's 08 Acadia came in, sit and wait for the answer so that the transaction can be completed. I thought I was miserable before while I waited. This might take the cake. In either case, I have attached some lower quality pictures taken on my camera phone. You will see that there is no difference in appearance between the 07s and the 08s except for the window sticker and possibly the Conquest Cash incentive. Better pictures to follow, if this newest snafu gets cleared up.

Attachments

#14 ·
loach said:
FunkD said:
Mines Scheduled to be in on july 15th.

FunkD
If the Alaska guy gets his before I get mine, then I'll know I'm never getting one... :help:
Never fear, Mine is scheduled to show up in Idaho on 7/15 to the dealer I bought it from. THEN it gets shipped up here. If you can get your before 8/1, you should have me beat. With any luck I'll be the first in AK to have an '08! ::)

G
#15 ·
I went to a dealer today about ordering a 2008 Acadia. I really want the rearview camera option but he said that there wasn't even a spot for him to specify this. Were you able to get the rearview camera option on your 2008 vehicles? If not, do you know when this option will be available? He couldn't tell me. Also, he was trying to get me to pay the Advertising Fee of $861. Did you pay this on your vehicle?

#16 ·
Grey said:
I went to a dealer today about ordering a 2008 Acadia. I really want the rearview camera option but he said that there wasn't even a spot for him to specify this. Were you able to get the rearview camera option on your 2008 vehicles? If not, do you know when this option will be available? He couldn't tell me. Also, he was trying to get me to pay the Advertising Fee of $861. Did you pay this on your vehicle?
In order to get the rearview camera (UVC), you need to order either U3R or UZR Audio system with
Navigation. The camera comes with the nav system and can't be ordered separately. This also
means that the rearview camera is only available on the SLT2 models, since the Nav systems are
only offered on the SLT2.

#18 ·
estrov said:
katherinet said:
To estrov:

Katherinet,

Estrov
Times have changed, I too was heavily interested in the CX-9 at one point, but am so glad I went with the Acadia. This just came out a couple weeks ago, take a look at the bottom for Mazda.

#20 ·
Huckd,
what? no more dark carpet? But I like that! I have an 08 on order... where did you find that detail?

Heather

#21 ·
wow, the 08's are arriving already? can someone please tell me when the 07's became available for order and where they put out early or around the expected release time? i am asking because i am purchasing an 08 enclave and lots of items that i want are late availability for august/september so, i am trying to decide if i should just wait until the 09's hit the market.

#22 ·
bhpeters said:
Huckd,
what? no more dark carpet? But I like that! I have an 08 on order... where did you find that detail?

Heather
I'm just guessing based on the last picture above. "Looks" gray, but it might just be the picture. There's another thread already about this subject and someone should confirm it today or tomorrow.

#23 ·
You're right. Our 08 Gold Mist with Titanium interior has titanium carpet. I was not expecting it to be that way but I like it a lot. Maybe it's just because of that particular color combo. Curious to find out if anyone else has the titanium interior on an 08 and what color their carpet is.

#24 ·
tschmut said:
You're right. Our 08 Gold Mist with Titanium interior has titanium carpet. I was not expecting it to be that way but I like it a lot. Maybe it's just because of that particular color combo. Curious to find out if anyone else has the titanium interior on an 08 and what color their carpet is.
How light is it? I'm hoping it's darker than the seats, which are very light. My wife and I have never been fans of the black carpeting, but a medium-dark gray would be great.

#26 ·
shudson, that is a SHARP looking acadia!! Wow! Beautiful! Thanks so much for the interior pics... I like that they kept some of the dark trim, I still would have preferred the darker carpet, but it looks great enough for me to keep my order. Your white diamond is a thing of beauty, enjoy it! Ooh, the wait is long and hard....!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.