GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a call from my dealer stating that my '08 Acadia will be in on Monday (July 2nd). So I was curious, Is there anyone on this board who has an 2008 yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Mines Scheduled to be in on july 15th.

FunkD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
I was told mine was built on Monday, but have no date as of yet. Was hoping to have the first 08 pics on this forum, but sounds like I am going to loose out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
FunkD said:
Mines Scheduled to be in on july 15th.

FunkD
If the Alaska guy gets his before I get mine, then I'll know I'm never getting one... :help:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
My '08 was built last Wed and shipped.

Unfortunately, the dealer ordered an AWD and I wanted a FWD, so my choices are wait for a new order to come in around late August or search stock.

I am leaning towards purchase of a CX-9 from stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Mine was released to the shipper last Thursday. Intransit time was up Monday according to the invoice. But no Acadia yet. Stopped to see the dealer today and he says there is no reason they should be holding them. Especially sold orders. They want them delivered as soon as possible. So its just wait and see. Don't know how long I can deal with the wait knowing its built sitting in some lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
To estrov:

Trust me as a previous ford and mazda owner, and a current 07 acadia owner.
I would rethink the CX-9.
You will most likely regret it.

GM is a much better product.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Talked to the dealer on Friday. He said it was shipped on Thursday. No word yet. Trying to wait patiently. Not doing a very good job of it. I'm going to have to check in tomorrow to see if there's any new info. I would imagine though that the next info will be them calling to say it's in. But when? Out of my control. Must be patient.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
katherinet said:
To estrov:

Trust me as a previous ford and mazda owner, and a current 07 acadia owner.
I would rethink the CX-9.
You will most likely regret it.

GM is a much better product.
Katherinet,

I have never owned a Mazda product, but gave up on GM years ago with poor quality cars from 1987 and 1989. I know this is a long time ago, but I started buying foreign and have had good luck.

What is your experience with Mazda?

Estrov
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
estrov said:
katherinet said:
To estrov:

Trust me as a previous ford and mazda owner, and a current 07 acadia owner.
I would rethink the CX-9.
You will most likely regret it.

GM is a much better product.
Katherinet,

I have never owned a Mazda product, but gave up on GM years ago with poor quality cars from 1987 and 1989. I know this is a long time ago, but I started buying foreign and have had good luck.

What is your experience with Mazda?

Estrov
I think you need to be very careful with broad generalizations. I considered the CX-9 as well and though I discounted it and went with the Acadia for other reasons (room, features) my experience with my current Mazda gave me no reason to think relaibility or manufacturing quality was in Mazda's favor. Although I do love my '04 RX8 it has had a fair share of issues (unrelated to the rotary engine) things like chassis issue recalls, broken switches, light assemblies filling with water, sound system failure, that certainly wouldn't make me feel that Mazda's design or manufacturing process is at any higher level than GM's is with tthe Acadia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
estrov said:
My '08 was built last Wed and shipped.

Unfortunately, the dealer ordered an AWD and I wanted a FWD, so my choices are wait for a new order to come in around late August or search stock.

I am leaning towards purchase of a CX-9 from stock.
Is there any paticular reason you want FWD because if the dealer did it he should pay for the difference, and you pay how ever much you agreed on and he makes up the difference, becasue it sounds like it was his fault.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Our 08 was delivered to the dealer yesterday. He called me this morning to tell me that it was there along with another one that was a special order also. Went to see it today. It's awesome. Took it for a drive and loved everything about it. One hangup though. They are unable to tell us whether or not the Conquest Money can be applied. They are waiting for an answer form the Regional Manager, who is waiting for an answer from the Zone Manager. Until then, we, along with the other people who's 08 Acadia came in, sit and wait for the answer so that the transaction can be completed. I thought I was miserable before while I waited. This might take the cake. In either case, I have attached some lower quality pictures taken on my camera phone. You will see that there is no difference in appearance between the 07s and the 08s except for the window sticker and possibly the Conquest Cash incentive. Better pictures to follow, if this newest snafu gets cleared up.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tschmut - CONGRATS :cheers: I hope you get it for the weekend! Hopefully there wont be any issues for me next week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
loach said:
FunkD said:
Mines Scheduled to be in on july 15th.

FunkD
If the Alaska guy gets his before I get mine, then I'll know I'm never getting one... :help:
Never fear, Mine is scheduled to show up in Idaho on 7/15 to the dealer I bought it from. THEN it gets shipped up here. If you can get your before 8/1, you should have me beat. With any luck I'll be the first in AK to have an '08! ::)
 
G

·
I went to a dealer today about ordering a 2008 Acadia. I really want the rearview camera option but he said that there wasn't even a spot for him to specify this. Were you able to get the rearview camera option on your 2008 vehicles? If not, do you know when this option will be available? He couldn't tell me. Also, he was trying to get me to pay the Advertising Fee of $861. Did you pay this on your vehicle?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Grey said:
I went to a dealer today about ordering a 2008 Acadia. I really want the rearview camera option but he said that there wasn't even a spot for him to specify this. Were you able to get the rearview camera option on your 2008 vehicles? If not, do you know when this option will be available? He couldn't tell me. Also, he was trying to get me to pay the Advertising Fee of $861. Did you pay this on your vehicle?
In order to get the rearview camera (UVC), you need to order either U3R or UZR Audio system with
Navigation. The camera comes with the nav system and can't be ordered separately. This also
means that the rearview camera is only available on the SLT2 models, since the Nav systems are
only offered on the SLT2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
estrov said:
katherinet said:
To estrov:

Trust me as a previous ford and mazda owner, and a current 07 acadia owner.
I would rethink the CX-9.
You will most likely regret it.

GM is a much better product.
Katherinet,

I have never owned a Mazda product, but gave up on GM years ago with poor quality cars from 1987 and 1989. I know this is a long time ago, but I started buying foreign and have had good luck.

What is your experience with Mazda?

Estrov
Times have changed, I too was heavily interested in the CX-9 at one point, but am so glad I went with the Acadia. This just came out a couple weeks ago, take a look at the bottom for Mazda.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
tschmut, it looks as if the carpets might not be black with the Titanium interior. If that's the case then that's one change from 07 to 08.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Huckd,
what? no more dark carpet? But I like that! I have an 08 on order... where did you find that detail?

Heather
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top