GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

(My first post BTW!)

Just bought a loaded SLT-2 Pearl White for the wifey Saturday...

And, I'm ABSOLUTELY ready to upgrade our 19"ers to something a bit "different"...preferably 20 inchers that I may even have the centers powder coated to match the white pearl on the car.

Anyway...haven't seen ANYTHING!!

You all know of a place?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to sound like a BUTT but I've already read that post..

Anyone have anything new or are we still all waiting for the aftermarket world to "make something"?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Not to sound like a :bootyshake: either, but rather than create a new subject for this let's try to respond in previous related threads so we can cut down on duplicates. If there was anything new it would have been posted by now. You might want to look in the 'Aftermarket' category for updates.

You have to realize this is a brand new vehicle with a brand new bolt pattern...the aftermarket world needs some time to determine if it is a strong enough market to offer a whole new bolt pattern for just 3 vehicles. The first aftermarket 18" just got released a few days ago, and still isn't available for delivery until Sept. It will be a bit longer for 20's to start arriving.

There is another post on this as well, which you may have read, but others are getting rims custom drilled. http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1170.0

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zinik offers a complete selection of wheels for all three vehicles.

http://www.zinikwheels.com/html/zinik_wheels.html

You'll have to contact them and find out WHO in "your area" sells their product...

Once you've done that, Zinik actually builds their wheels with the correct 6x132 bolt pattern and your golden!

I'll be ordering mine next week and will keep everyone posted as to how it goes...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay fellow Acadia owners...got my 22's on today!

Wife and I are very happy with the outcome!

As mentioned earlier, Zinik makes a BUNCH of wheels for our cars...you just have to get them (1) either ordered that way or (2) go to your local custom tire/wheel shop and see what THEY have

I've been doing business with KC Trends here in KS for a couple of years now and can't say enough about their service there...very strong!  The owner Chad takes personal time with you and would be glad to take YOUR order if you live in this area.  Actually, you may want to give them a call and see what options you may have for shipping, etc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks GREAT !

What is the width and offset, and what size tires?
Do they rub at all on the front during a full-lock turn?

--AGLAT

·
Registered
683 Posts
I drove into work this morning and at the Post Office by my building there is a beat up 70's Chevy Pickup with those exact same rims. I see this truck every morning, but this morning I had to do a double take as the rims looked identical. Sure enough...too bad his truck is a turd!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I went with 20x8.5 and tire size is 285-50-R20 Yokohama’s Parada Spec-X on My Saturn Outlook XR Just to give a 20" option :thumb: The ride is the same as 19 stock

·
Registered
683 Posts
Rocafella and Stevenbekah:

Could both of you post your offset? Also stevenbekah, please list your tire dimensions. I want to compile a list of all those who upgraded. Maybe we can make it a sticky so others can have an easy reference.

·
Registered
117 Posts
stevenbekah & Rocafella -

Did Zinik have to custom drill out blanks to get the 6x132 bolt pattern on these wheels?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yes, one of the earlier posts states they "build" them for you. Nobody makes a 6x132 as part of their normal lineup quite yet. The ony way to get your hands on some aftermarket rims is to find out who can custom drill them and which rims they can do it for(usually those with covered lugnuts).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if the optional chrome 19" rims for the Buick Enclave will fit the Acadia? I cannot find anything regarding the Enclave bolt pattern or offset.

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Kitkatsiam said:
Does anyone know if the optional chrome 19" rims for the Buick Enclave will fit the Acadia? I cannot find anything regarding the Enclave bolt pattern or offset.

Thanks
Yes, the Acadia, Outlook and Enclave have the same 6x132 pattern. The RV019, RVO22 (19's) and RV025 (20") will work on the acadia too. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I THINK that if your Acadia came with 18" rims, suspension is tuned for that, same with 19." I THINK the larger the rim diameter, the more weight to vehicle producing less mpg and more braking power is required. IMO. I would keep same dia rims and spec'd tires for best handling and riding. IMO; unless you can modifiy suspension to accommodate required handling characteristics.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The suspension specs are the same for 18" or 19" wheels. However, if you go to 20", you are supposed to install a stabilizer bar. It sells for a little over $100 if I recall, so no big deal. I doubt the wheel size will alter your gas mileage, unless maybe you install the incorrect plus-sized tire.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, one of the earlier posts states they "build" them for you. Nobody makes a 6x132 as part of their normal lineup quite yet. The ony way to get your hands on some aftermarket rims is to find out who can custom drill them and which rims they can do it for(usually those with covered lugnuts).
There is one wheel available in 20" and 22" direct bolt on for 6x132. The wheel is made by MHT Luxury Alloys, and it is called the Driv Moonshine 6. That is the only one piece cast wheel available in MHT's lineup so far, but they have also done a few custom one offs' from their forged lineup. The website is www.mhtwheels.com

My Acadia just landed at the dealer (2008 SLT2, black) and I haven't even seen it yet, but it will probably be the first one around on 24's, using a 285/30/24 Pirelli Pzero Nero tire. I have this tire on my Range Rover with 24's right now and it rides quieter than my factory 19's.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts