GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know about any modifications/ changes being possibly or definitely made to the Acadia for later this model year or in 2008? On my wish list would be: (1) availability of rain-sensing wipers (I love these on another car I have), (2) availability of a rear back up camera when navigation is ordered (a very good safety feature, in my opinion), (3) amber rear turn signals (I think these are easier to read and might result in fewer rear end collisions than red ones, but can't say I have the data to back up that claim, (4) preserve the 6 disc CD option when navigation is ordered, (5) have a DVD slot on the rear entertainment unit itself, (6) have Bluetooth capability, and (7) offer electroluminescent guages, at least on the SLT-2 version. Many of these are on the Grand Touring version of the new Mazda CX-9, though I like the Acadia in some ways better (better fuel economy, 2nd row Captain's chairs with easier access to the 3rd row) even though the Acadia is more expensive. I know that the Enclave will have a rear backup camera and heard that it may be introduced on the Acadia later this model year but don't know this with certainty. Wish GM product managers monitored these sites for suggestions (maybe they do, for all I know).

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, we know some things from rumor and also from concept and maybe a little from more official sources. I will repeat what I have heard, and I can not say this is anything more than gossip (I would look for no changes to 2007 model, but for the 2008 model coming in Sept or so):

TDIIDman said:
(2) availability of a rear back up camera when navigation is ordered (a very good safety feature, in my opinion),
GM has indicated this would be an option, don't know if NAV would be a prereq or not.

(4) preserve the 6 disc CD option when navigation is ordered,
I cannot believe that I had to give up the changer to get the DVD player. Our Jeep had a 10-disc in back, 1 disc and 1 tape in front-- I liked that setup.

(5) have a DVD slot on the rear entertainment unit itself,
There are indications both from concept and others that there will be monitors in the headrests, and if so, usually these do have DVD in them directly. If they don't put DVDs in the headrests, I think they need to go to a 9" or so screen. The 7" is a little small.

(6) have Bluetooth capability
I would place money on this not happening anytime soon. I think that GM makes some serious change with On-Star, and probably get kickbacks from Verizon on the OnStar based phone calls. I am going to be changing our phone service to Verizon specifically so we can have the Acadia be just another extension on the family plan.

(7) offer electroluminescent guages, at least on the SLT-2 version.
Anytime you say "on the SLT2 version" change your thinking to "on the Denali"-- that is where you will see the higher end stuff. I would bet that the SLT2 will just have a convenience package or two more than the SLT1, nothing major, since they both carry the "SLT" on the bumper.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Since we've just started seeing the 2007 models literally in the last 3 weeks or so, I doubt anyone has any concrete news on future model changes. It's been rumored in several places (and makes perfect sense for a GMC branded vehicle) that there will be a Denali version of the Acadia in the future (2008? 2009?). My guess would be that GM held back a handful of options that will only be available in that trim level. Since the backup camera will be available on the Enclave, I think that one is a given. I would also imagine wood trim interior, rain sensing wipers, a V8 engine option, and a handful of others goodies I'm sure.

As for your other suggestions...
(3) I'm not sure any GM product uses amber turn signals...?
(4) this would be nice, but I think the DVD player occupies the space where the changer would go... might be hard to fit?
(5) I personally wouldn't want this - I have a small toddler who can't possibly reach the DVD player in her carseat. I like being able to change DVDs when necessary from the front. Maybe that as an option, but not std. Keep in mind you do get the RCA inputs, meaning you can have a portable DVD player in the back and still use it with the onboard screen/speakers.
(6) bluetooth would rock, but I think it would really cut into their Onstar subscriptions, so I'm guessing it'll never happen
(7) I kind of dig the red guages, but any changes to it for the better would be welcome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I thought I would revive this thread since it appears 2007 orders are no longer being accepted....

Anyone have any updated news on 2008 Acadia features and/or changes? Do any of our 'insiders' or dealer members have any info?

·
Registered
473 Posts
admin said:
Since we've just started seeing the 2007 models literally in the last 3 weeks or so, I doubt anyone has any concrete news on future model changes. It's been rumored in several places (and makes perfect sense for a GMC branded vehicle) that there will be a Denali version of the Acadia in the future (2008? 2009?). My guess would be that GM held back a handful of options that will only be available in that trim level. Since the backup camera will be available on the Enclave, I think that one is a given. I would also imagine wood trim interior, rain sensing wipers, a V8 engine option, and a handful of others goodies I'm sure.

As for your other suggestions...
(3) I'm not sure any GM product uses amber turn signals...?
(4) this would be nice, but I think the DVD player occupies the space where the changer would go... might be hard to fit?
(5) I personally wouldn't want this - I have a small toddler who can't possibly reach the DVD player in her carseat. I like being able to change DVDs when necessary from the front. Maybe that as an option, but not std. Keep in mind you do get the RCA inputs, meaning you can have a portable DVD player in the back and still use it with the onboard screen/speakers.
(6) bluetooth would rock, but I think it would really cut into their Onstar subscriptions, so I'm guessing it'll never happen
(7) I kind of dig the red guages, but any changes to it for the better would be welcome.
my 06 yukon uses amber turn signals

i love being able to load the dvd up front it is alot better than me reaching back behing the seat like in my yukon.

never used blue tooth never will i hate it it is way to hard i could care less about it.

just as long as i can see the dials i dont care what color they are.

a v-8 i would love (just because)

i think the acaida denali should have every thing the new yukon and sierra denali have

·
Registered
748 Posts
The NAV will be a necessity for getting the backup camera, it is in the Enclave.

I would hope that Bluetooth would be available just for safety reason, I am sure GM has bluetooth in other vehicle along with Onstar, OnStar offer much more than just the phone service.

I would like to see rain sensing wipers. I think once the Denali version is released you will see some of the extra features.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that official 2008 info should come out around April 30. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
25 Posts
The CTS has amber turn signals as well. When does production of the 2008 models start?

·
Registered
211 Posts
in june for the acadias

1 - 10 of 10 Posts