GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'll much appreciate if someone could please look into the manual (?under Security section) and tell me if the 2008s come with anti-theft immobilizer system?
Also, could you please tell if it says over there that it is compliant/non-compliant with CMVSS 114 (some stupid Canadian regulation)?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have pulled out my manual for the 08's and the Theft-Deterrent system is described as an alarm system but no mention is made about immobilization. I am not saying it does not do that, it is just not mentioned. The system is a PASS_KEY III+ system operating on a radio frequency .. it mentions also that it meets the FCC rules and Industry Canada. Perhaps others will be able to give you some more information.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looking a little further, the manual states that "someone using the wrong key will prevent the vehicle from starting. Anyone using a trial-and-error method to start the vehicle will be discouraged because of the high number of electrical key codes." (page 2-23) So I would guess the answer to your question is that yes, the 08's have a built in immobilizer.

For the Canadian Industry standards, it states that "this device complies with RSS-210 of Industry Canada".

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Coachrider!

That's what I have been reading on GMC's website as well that Acadia has this PassIII key thing which is an immobilizer. Are you able to figure out from the manual that it is the same for US and Canada?

I am pretty sure that the Canadian Acadias are equipped with the same. I would appreciate if some Canadian Acadia owner could check out the manual and see if there is any difference?

Thanks again......

·
Registered
32 Posts
acadiafan said:
That's what I have been reading on GMC's website as well that Acadia has this PassIII key thing which is an immobilizer. Are you able to figure out from the manual that it is the same for US and Canada?
You are welcome for the information... I surmise that the system is the same for the US and Canada, but perhaps a Canadian will step in to answer your question.

·
Registered
246 Posts
acadiafan said:
Hi,
I'll much appreciate if someone could please look into the manual (?under Security section) and tell me if the 2008s come with anti-theft immobilizer system?
Also, could you please tell if it says over there that it is compliant/non-compliant with CMVSS 114 (some stupid Canadian regulation)?
The 2008 canadian manual is the same as the us manual as far as the PASS key III immobilizer/ignition disable system
is concerned. As far as CMVSS 114 is concerned, it appears that any 2007 or 2008 GM/Saturn multipurpose passenger vehicle (MPV) built after Sept 1, 2007 is inadmissable. See this pdf for more details:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/importation/VAFUS/list/VAFUS.pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts