18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice on this:

2008 SLT2 FWD
Navigation and Trailer Pkg
GM Certified Used Vehicle
16,500 miles

$29,995 asking (internet) price

This seems to be pretty close to the "private party" price from Edmunds. Trade in value is approx. $26,700 according to Edmunds.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Seems like a lot of miles for a vehicle that's less than 1 year old, but I would be more concerned with the "internet price" thing. Some dealers use that to hook you to coming in and then the price changes after you are there and look at the vehicle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping to move the price lower. They list the price at 31,995 and internet price of 29,995. They said they could provide CarFax report. I'm guessing a leased car maybe.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
swb001 said:
I was hoping to move the price lower. They list the price at 31,995 and internet price of 29,995. They said they could provide CarFax report. I'm guessing a leased car maybe.
You can buy your own carfax as long as you have the VIN; possibly a lease (more likely than a buy) only because of the mileage. I would push for the 29,995 or lower based on this fact; although we are talking about an SLT2 which is probably optioned out. Now for the important question: what color is it? ;D Depending on options; this vehicle probably originally sold for almost 40K or higher so that's something to be considered.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
jsimms said:
swb001 said:
You can buy your own carfax as long as you have the VIN; possibly a lease (more likely than a buy) only because of the mileage. I would push for the 29,995 or lower based on this fact; although we are talking about an SLT2 which is probably optioned out. Now for the important question: what color is it? ;D Depending on options; this vehicle probably originally sold for almost 40K or higher so that's something to be considered.
RENTAL?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
jsimms said:
Seems like a lot of miles for a vehicle that's less than 1 year old, but I would be more concerned with the "internet price" thing. Some dealers use that to hook you to coming in and then the price changes after you are there and look at the vehicle.
Mine has 48,000 and it won't be two until May! It's a great car for a road trip!!!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mckcab said:
jsimms said:
Mine has 48,000 and it won't be two until May! It's a great car for a road trip!!!
Yeah but yours is an 07, but 48K is a lot. Mine will be two years old Mar 30 and I have 30,020 miles; I just want my Acadia out of the shop so I can drive her again :-\

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
With the economy being on such miserable condition, I'd do all the research, check the VIN as stated (hint- we have a member here Geohawk that can help to see if it is any type of lemon- you can PM him the VIN) and make a lowball offer of say $5K under average retail. It will also matter if you are paying cash or looking to finance.

EDIT
Our '09 was built 2 months before my Challenger & we use it a lot more- it now has over 9K miles vs 1200 on the Dodge.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
With the economy being on such miserable condition, I'd do all the research, check the VIN as stated (hint- we have a member here Geohawk that can help to see if it is any type of lemon- you can PM him the VIN) and make a lowball offer of say $5K under average retail. It will also matter if you are paying cash or looking to finance.

EDIT
Our '09 was built 2 months before my Challenger & we use it a lot more- it now has over 9K miles vs 1200 on the Dodge.
If you can do cash (bank check is good too) you will have much more dealing power and you could probably drive the price down considerably

1 - 9 of 9 Posts