GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
calls it a recall.
Anyhow, it is for "propeller bolts," wherever those may be.
I'll be sending mine in for 07147 and 07133 (washer wiper battery drain TSB).
If it's a recall, you get a letter in the mail. No letter if it's a TSB, which I don't agree with, especially considering this is a first year vehicle.

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is for the driver seat, where it feels like it is rocking back and forth. I took mine in last week but they have to order the part.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before booking my appointment, I made sure to have them get the parts in first.
Don't want to bring it in only to have them inform me they don't have them!

·
Registered
119 Posts
When I logon to mygmlink it says there are no recalls for my VIN. Also, I don't see any TSB's listed (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). I took delivery mid-April, but I have to wonder if some of these recent TSB's apply to me... and, if so, why are they not showing up in mygmlink?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine was built in Dec. 06, so I imagine the earliest production runs will have more TSB's than later built vehicles due to obvious reasons.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Technical Service Bulletins are not recalls. They are done if you have a problem or when ever you bring your vehicle in for service. I've had many 1st year model cars: 05 Mitsu Eclipse GS-T, 98 Volvo C70, Acura CL 3.0, Infiniti G35 Coupe, and Dodge Magnum RT. All these vehicles had TSB's. Some things just don't occur until REAL world testing is done by the 1st year buyers. GM is doing a good job of coming up with fixes quickly. I've been pretty impressed. Generally to find out about TSB's you have to find them on the internet (we have a section for TSB's in these forums). GM Link is probably only going to show recalls. Recalls are safety issues that need to be fixed right away.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sboden,
I got my "TSB's" from GMLink, and GMLink called them recalls.
Recall ID 07133 and Recall ID 07147.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm suprised they would call them a recall. Just shows you GM is ahead of some of the others when it comes to informing their customers. Good for GM. Some of the other companies may do the internet stuff now, but I know my 05 Dodge Magnum did not have a site as good as GM Link.

·
Registered
218 Posts
debates said:
Nope........propeller bolts connect to the transfer case ( AWD models )
Man my service writer doesn't know what he is taking about then, that is what he told me it was for.

·
Registered
683 Posts
My AWD was built in May '07 and my GMLink does NOT list this for me. Guess I'm in the clear for now. :blob:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah. Mine has this. I already had 07133 taken care of but the Dealer is waiting on the bolts for this new one. And yes, he told me they were bolts for the transfer case

·
Registered
524 Posts
So I am driving 35 hundred miles this week do I have to worry about my bolts coming off. i call my service department and talked to one of the writers and he told me I need to make an appointment to see if I need them then I would need to bring it back in and have then do the work.. Frankly I'm getting pissed off and don't want to bring my car back in two or three times for every problem I have. I need to take the thing in for the seat problem AGAIN and that will make four times for that problem.

I would like to know just exact ally what the problems are with the propeller bolts, and what are the symptoms of them needing to be replaced. And also what happens when they fail and I am driving 80 miles an hour?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Recalls are repairs mandated by the NHTSA. All vehicles effected get a letter in the mail and it never expires.
Product enhancements are problems that GM sees needs to be fixed and can wait until you bring it in for service, they do expire.
TSBs are diagnostic aids and "how-to's" for technicians. If a tech finds a problem described in a TSB, it shows how to diagnose and repair, sometimes showing updated part information.

If your car is listed in a Recall or Product enhancement, then it should be done. TSBs do not nessacarily apply to all cars, therefore are used on an as-needed basis.

Dealers are being pushed to perform open Recalls and Enhancements when the customer comes in for regular maintance (we do) to avoid multiple trips and inconvenience to customers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts