GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now having a new problem...not sure if it's related to the water leaks, the fixing of the water leaks that they were doing on the car for three days, or both. The LCD touch screen has gone completely black. The touch screen works...I can change radio channels by touching the LCD...but I don't get a visual anymore. Going to do some searching on this site and Google to see if anyone else has had the same problem. This will make it my 3rd visit to the shop in less than 2 weeks. :banghead:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Do you have polarized sunglasses on?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LCD screen went black again...this time after backing up (when the rear camera appears). Once I started driving, the blue radio screen never came back on. The radio still worked, the touch screen still worked (granted I had to guess where the radio buttons were. Once I turned the car off and turned it back on, the system reset itself. Might call the dealership just to see if they have a remote clue of what is going on.

Going on vacation soon...will take it to the dealership afterwards for an oil change, transmission reflash (want that new one), and have them take a look at the LCD screen. That's going to be hard to duplicate since it's only happened three times so far.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, my 2008 Acadia has done that twice. Screen went black but the radio played and I could change stations. After I pulled over, shut off the engine and then restarted it, the LCD came back on. Will ask my dealer about it next time I take it in for servicing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts