GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and Happy St. Patricks Day to all who are "Irish" this day.

I hope I can find some help and guidence here as I dig for a deal for an Acadia.

I live in Northern CT and am happily ending a 39 month lease on a 2006 HUMMER H3 Lux. Take my advice, run, don't walk away from any of those turds. Worst handling POS ever.

Started a casual search about 10 days ago...saw a few pre-owned (CARFAX says Rental) listed at Scranton Motors in Vernon, CT. They have two almost identical White loaded Acadias. A 2009 with AWD, 12k miles, for about 33k. A 2008 with 9k miles for 28k with FWD. Both are ultra clean (although the 2008 looks like it was broken into on the drivers side door, to be repaired....when bought.) the 2009 has light leather interior, the 2008 has black leather.

They both have DVD, power liftgate, remote start, pretty much loaded, although I'm not sure what's up with the heads up display...not sure I really need that.

They also have a nice group of new 2009's, but why should I take that HIT if the others are "pre-owned"??

If someone reading this goes and buys one of these out from under me...oh well. But for others, who would jump in, why, and how much would be considered reasonable.

I could get incentives, gmsupplier, "move ahead" discount to get out of my lease on the new ones (plus 0%??) OR a lower price (more haggle room) with either 2.9 or 4.9%.

Thoughts? BTW, right on with miles and wear and tear on the Hummer.(lease technically up 8/1)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
:welcome:

The HUD is a great option and one which I'm glad I have; keeps your eyes on the road better, you should drive one with HUD to see what I'm talking about. I am a stickler for mileage on a vehicle so I would possibly shoot for the 08; that's more mileage for you under factory warranty. The only thing is the 09 has the direct injection motor while the 08 doesn't and the 09 probably has a rearview camera which the 08 probably doesn't. If you were to put the VIN's here; we have a member that can get VIN related info. Whatever you choose; good luck and you're probably getting into an Acadia at a great time. We all welcome you here :thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2009 White with 12k miles: 1GKEV23D89J102059

2008 White with 9k: 1GKER33738J289522

Thanks,

Bob

:beer:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

There are a lot of pricing threads, the most recent one being here:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5546.0

In it, the buyer qualifies for GM Employee pricing, which is generally the lowest price GM will sell a vehicle.

This rather lengthy thread contains prices paid for the Acadia by forum members:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=232.520

The best way to gauge a price on a used vehicle is to look at several sources:
NADA

Edmunds TMV

They allow you to input the specific data (miles, options, location, etc.) and will give you a general price.

You can also try Kelly Blue Book, but I have found their prices do not reflect real world prices.

As for new vs used, you have to make that decision based on several factors. I'd get a final price on each and take a couple of days to consider which one you want. Review all the option data here and on the GMC website and determine what you "have" to have vs what you'd "like" to have. Take your time and don't allow yourself to be pushed into anything.

BTW, best thing about the 2008 H3 Alpha is the oil pan- I have one in my Chevy V8 powered BMW. It fit where every other GM pan would not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts