GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I visited a Massachusettes GMC dealer and checked out a Med. Brown/Ebony SLT-1 with the following: sunroofs, rear cam/rearview, remote start, 18" wheels, second row captains, pretty much a standard SLT-1. New 2009, no miles. Sticker was $41,000, less 3,800 "savings" gets me to $38,100, invoice is $38,000, less $1,500, lease loyalty (Hummer H3 lease done). I buy the car for $36,600....and I should get 0%/60 months.
In this business climate, shouldn't I be able to do better, somehow? Is there an incentive I'm missing? It seems like some buyers have gotten some discounts off the invoice....
I'm also eligible for GE Supplier discount...
Should I ask for oil changes for life?
I want a good, fair deal, but if we as consumers are ever gonna get a great deal, shouldn't it be now?

Advice welcome (unless your my sales guy!)

:-[

·
Registered
614 Posts
I was told I'd get oil changes for a year or two but didn't get it in writing, so I'm out of luck there.
I was told I could get GMS pricing for a 09 SLE at $29,800 or somewhere in there if that helps.
Does the SLT-1 have that many more options over a SLE?
Is there another dealership nearby you can use to whipsaw against?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SLT-1 has leather, sunroofs, duel climate, and a bunch of other things like 2nd row captains. There a few other dealers here in CT that I can pit them against.

B

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I'm figuring for $41K for an SLT1 that it is AWD? Our FWD SLT2 last fall stickered around that much. I don't have the sticker handy, but do have a document I saved that says:
Front-wheel Drive SLT-2 $37,600 sticker $35,156 invoice
Our options in my signature pushed it up over the $40K barrier.

Have you "built" a similar vehicle on Edmunds & the GMC website to see how the prices compare?

Here's the data I had from last fall, prices have gone up since then:
Model MSRP Invoice
Front-wheel Drive SLE-1 $30,950 $28,938
All-wheel Drive SLE-1 $32,950 $30,808
Front-wheel Drive SLT-1 $35,310 $33,015
All-wheel Drive SLT-1 $37,310 $34,885
Front-wheel Drive SLT-2 $37,600 $35,156
All-wheel Drive SLT-2 $39,600 $37,026
Destination Charge: $735

We fight it out over the climate control as well from time to time, so that is a great feature. :)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
CTAcadia said:
Today I visited a Massachusettes GMC dealer and checked out a Med. Brown/Ebony SLT-1 with the following: sunroofs, rear cam/rearview, remote start, 18" wheels, second row captains, pretty much a standard SLT-1. New 2009, no miles. Sticker was $41,000, less 3,800 "savings" gets me to $38,100, invoice is $38,000, less $1,500, lease loyalty (Hummer H3 lease done). I buy the car for $36,600....and I should get 0%/60 months.
In this business climate, shouldn't I be able to do better, somehow? Is there an incentive I'm missing? It seems like some buyers have gotten some discounts off the invoice....
I'm also eligible for GE Supplier discount...
Should I ask for oil changes for life?
I want a good, fair deal, but if we as consumers are ever gonna get a great deal, shouldn't it be now?

Advice welcome (unless your my sales guy!)

:-[
Let's see..you're getting a 36K vehicle with 0%...winner
(I bought my 07 for 30K out the door at 5%; I will pay more for mine than you will for yours when it's all said and done)
A government backed warranty...winner
Less likelihood of water leaks...winner
And something about lowering your taxable income for next year's filling...winner

I would bite if I was in your shoes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts