GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turn the car off and hear a very high pitched whine ever so softly...it goes away after a few seconds. Assuming it has to do with the electronics that stay on a few seconds after the key leaves the ignition. Am I right?

·
Registered
121 Posts
imgntht...the high pitched hum is from the engine control module under hood. It is normal. The module stays "alive" for about 15 seconds after key off and then shuts down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have noticed the same issue. I am not sure this is normal. When using my XM with my rear radio controls I noticed the noise (with key on for accessories) and it was annoying. I am going to run this by the dealer.

·
Registered
200 Posts
NC-acadiaman: Since you only have one post, I'll go easy on you.

Trust the word of acadia7j100001 -- GUARANTEED he is more informed than any poor schlep at your dealership. It says Ground Zero in his avatar for a reason.

As you were...

·
Registered
99 Posts
nc-acadiaman said:
I have noticed the same issue. I am not sure this is normal. When using my XM with my rear radio controls I noticed the noise (with key on for accessories) and it was annoying. I am going to run this by the dealer.
NC-acadiaman, where are you from? I'm assuming NC from your name! I'm in Raleigh. I've yet to see another member from NC, so I'm glad you're here! :wine:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad to be here...Holly Springs, NC. I respect the response provided by acadia7j100001 it just seems somewhat annoying and is quite distracting when you attempt to enjoy the radio feature offered in the tailgate. Overall I am extremely pleased with the vehicle, it is the best fit and finish I have seen on a GM product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts