GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shopping this vehicle since my girlfriend pointed it out probably back in April.

I was really hoping to take advantage of the GM Employee Pricing, but stock is extremely limited. I intended to purchase a 2008 SLT1 in Silver.

I'm not really a big car guy... but need my vehicle to transport a lot of cargo for my small business. But, I only need one car/vehicle, so some sort of style is important, too! The car I traded was a 98 Blazer, so you can see I have no probably holding on to a car.

I picked up a new 2009 SLE in Silver with Visibility Package, Preferred Package, 7 Passenger Seating, and convenience package. I feel I got a fair deal as I paid under the invoice amount (under by $420 according to Edmunds). I used my Blazer as bargaining chip (who knew?) and got $600 more than Kelley Blue Book states for the car in Excellent Condition. Realistically, it's better suited as "good" which means the dealer gave me just over $900 more than Kelley Blue Book.

I'm a little concerned about the garage situation, but it'll fit. Just a lot tighter. Perhaps she'll be outside for everyone to appreciate except for the bad weather. (There's an option for power fold-in mirrors that I'm curious if the dealer can install.)

Leather would have been nice, but it's not a make or break in the least (my Blazer was just cloth). Heated seats are nice in my g/fs car for the Chicago winters, but not something I absolutely needed.

Although I would have liked to take advantage of employee savings and move up a step, I was also somewhat picky about color. There really were very few basic SLT1s out there to be had this week in the general area in the color I wanted.

All in all, I'm excited about the new car and hope it treats me well and I'll treat it! As only my second car, it's a little hard to comprehend the new vehicle in the driveway.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
congrat!! :cheers: :beer: :drunk:
What dealer did you get it at?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I originally shopped Ettleson and then Haggerty. To their defense, I visited during the strike when supply was even more limited than it is now (and now the 09s are hitting the dealers here).

I bought at Castle. I'm not entirely pleased that Corey and Gus left me hanging about being able to find an 08 even if meant they "would drive to Iowa to get it." I'm still waiting for Gus to email back about what he was able to find.

I will say this, however. The foot traffic at Castle was much greater than the other two. I didn't feel as pressured. The pricing was mostly fair from the starting point. (Benefit of the doubt again though... it was employee pricing and year end which could have lead to more foot traffic.)

The customer service and sales approach from car dealers had better improve by the time I buy my next car. They are one of the main reasons I hadn't bought a new car in 10 years. I can't stand the car buying experience! (But I do like the car!)

That said, fitting in to my one car garage wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I have to be a little more careful of the mirrors, but no problem! Yay!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congratulations..... :beer: :drunk: :beer: and good luck... :cheers:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Had a chance to drive it some more for some people (just had to show it off!).

One tough critic of American-made cars who rode in it says... "this is really nice!" Though in another breath, he said the controls and the like are done much better in foreign cars (he was looking at radio).

Hell, I'm just excited to get a new car! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts