GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my liquid silver with ebony interior. fully loaded with every thing except block heater and AWD

p.s. i am a horrible picture taker so take that into advisory when looking. But ENJOY :cheers:

·
Registered
34 Posts
The best part of those pictures for me is seeing the car seats in the 3rd row. That's where I put mine and I thought most people are putting the m in 2nd row. Makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
steveski2 said:
The best part of those pictures for me is seeing the car seats in the 3rd row. That's where I put mine and I thought most people are putting the m in 2nd row. Makes no sense to me.
i don't under stand it either i like them in the third row because they can walk through there and buckle them selves. that way when i have more than them the big people can sit in the second row. I also have it set up this way in my Yukon. But the main reason i don't want them in the second row is that i don't want those wrecked by the seats creasing the leather.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looks like you need a new garage for that beauty :help:

Like the look of the silver. I think that is the color I will get.

Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
What's that sticker under your driver's side headlight?

·
Registered
27 Posts
That looks like a military base access sticker. All cars registered on a military base will usually have one of these.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Ah. Gotcha. That makes sense. I just didn't want ANYTHING stuck to my Acadia. The dopes at the dealership stuck one of their cheesy stickers on it just after washing it. When I got home, it was still wet and the sticker was on kind of crooked with a crease in it, so I picked at it and it fell right off. YAY! I had forgotten to tell them not to put anything on the truck. When I brought it back for the Protector Package, I made sure to tell them not to put another one on.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mayersj1 said:
That looks like a military base access sticker. All cars registered on a military base will usually have one of these.
that right i cant just have an i.d. card any more you need a vehicle sticker or else even with an i.d. card they will not let you on base. were a marine corps family.

p.s. the garage is reserved for the Mercedes and corvette (until we move) harder to fix them (and more expensive)

·
Registered
306 Posts
rollin thunder said:
mayersj1 said:
that right i cant just have an i.d. card any more you need a vehicle sticker or else even with an i.d. card they will not let you on base. were a marine corps family.
rollin thunder,

A bit off topic, but may be of interest. . .

The Air Force is getting rid of decals on vehicles.

I know in Air Combat Command (HQs at Langley AFB, Va) and Air Education and Training Command made "no more decals" effective 1 Jan 07.

As a retired DoD Civilian, I still have them on my vehicles, but when they expire 12-08, they will not be replaced by the Air Force.

One base reported they save $61,000/year in materials and manpower in processing decals.

Rationale was they have not "waved-thru" a car with a DoD decal since 9-11-01 and have checked ID cards every time. The decals have become superfluous.

Security forces personnel and civilian gate guards are testing a new device that will add another layer of safety to getting on base. Guards have been using hand-held scanners to scan military ID cards and state driver’s licenses to ensure their validity.

I would guess the other services will also follow suite.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
002 said:
rollin thunder said:
mayersj1 said:
rollin thunder,

I know in Air Combat Command (HQs at Langley AFB, Va) and Air Education and Training Command made "no more decals" effective 1 Jan 07.

As a retired DoD Civilian, I still have them on my vehicles, but when they expire 12-08, they will not be replaced by the Air Force.

One base reported they save $61,000/year in materials and manpower in processing decals.

Rationale was they have not "waved-thru" a car with a DoD decal since 9-11-01 and have checked ID cards every time. The decals have become superfluous.

Security forces personnel and civilian gate guards are testing a new device that will add another layer of safety to getting on base. Guards have been using hand-held scanners to scan military ID cards and state driver’s licenses to ensure their validity.

The little creek base just got a new gate i think gate 5 but i am not sure that they say in the middle of summer will have that system. Preety cool if you ask me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rollin Thunder...as far as stickers go: errrr...yut...and all that good trash.
>:D :cheers:
Semper Fi

I remember several years back when you could just roll right into Lejeune without having to stop during "rush hour." The main gate would be wide open with a green sign out and you just speed on through!

Ahhh well...Congrats on the car!! Looks awesome!

·
Registered
99 Posts
BurgundyGold said:
Semper Fi

I remember several years back when you could just roll right into Lejeune without having to stop during "rush hour." The main gate would be wide open with a green sign out and you just speed on through!
Lejeune has gotten so strict with security that as of April 2nd, they will no longer let people drive through from Hubert to Sneads Ferry. The people who drive delivery trucks are pretty mad!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i couldn't dare put this on our new acadia but i thought the yukon could have it just fine ( i have already recked the rear end of it with all my anti ford stickers)

but i have a semper Fi on there. got it on all our cars.

all the bases have gotten alot stricter. the person with the id car has to be driving. the car needs the decal you need an id and if the person with the id isn't you you cant drive through the base.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LorLor said:
Rollin,
Great choice, I have the same exact car. It really turns heads.
funny you say that i get no more attention then driving a regular 4 door sedan, then in my acadia. Not one person has even looked twice or asked me what it was. Strange and i have only seen one other acadia so they are a preety rare breed here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Rollin,
Really? I have been stopped in gas stations and stores, one lady wanted to sit in it. I have seen 4 in the past 2 weeks.
Mr. Spock

·
Registered
425 Posts
002 said:
rollin thunder said:
mayersj1 said:
rollin thunder,

They just put out the memo at Wright-Patterson AFB this week that they are no longer issuing base stickers for cars. Therefore, I won't have to add one on my Acadia (should be in next week). I'm pretty happy about that. I'm a bit anal when it comes to putting things on cars that take away from the look of them.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Rollin' Thunder said:
mayersj1 said:

p.s. the garage is reserved for the Mercedes and corvette (until we move) harder to fix them (and more expensive)
****! Those Marines pay well! :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts