GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHOOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! What a ride. I can't believe how smooth and quiet this FANTASTIC automobile is. I had no idea I was going this fast until I glanced at the HUD. WOW!!! The suspension is fabulous. The acceleration near perfect, if not perfect.

I had a five speed 5.0 liter Mustang (87) that was fun to drive, but this V6 feels smoother, quieter, and probably burns half the gas. I absolutely love this car.

Anyone else put three numbers on the speedometer?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Whoa Dan! That Acadia must have felt like 2500 pounds, not 5,000! I do not have mine yet but plan on seeing the big 100 on my HUD soon after my break in period of course :eek:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Felt kinda like my old girlfriends dad old Alfa Romeo. Anything over sixty and I swear, the Acadia turns int an airplane. Almost zero noise from the tires. Makes the old 6000 Vortec and the 4/10 tranny on the Denali seem kind of, well, cruddy.

The more I think about it the only thing I miss about the Denali was you could spell Daniel with the letters.

·
Registered
405 Posts
kjf said:
I've been up to 90 (when passing), but haven't hit 100. I agree, this is one smooth ride.

Kelly
it is smooth but i actully think that the ride is too stiff and not as loose. so any bump is kinda harsh to me. what the acadia needs is autoride like my yukon which i think has a smoother ride than the acadia IMO. the acadia is nice but i miss the big v-8 vortec 6000 i think that would be great in the acaida. I don't know maybe i am more of a yukon kinda guy. ???

·
Registered
752 Posts
it is smooth but i actully think that the ride is too stiff and not as loose. so any bump is kinda harsh to me. what the acadia needs is autoride like my yukon which i think has a smoother ride than the acadia IMO. the acadia is nice but i miss the big v-8 vortec 6000 i think that would be great in the acaida. I don't know maybe i am more of a yukon kinda guy. ???
[/quote]

I can't remember do you have the 18 or 19 inch wheels?

·
Registered
405 Posts
sandman said:
I can't remember do you have the 18 or 19 inch wheels?
[/quote]

i have the 19s

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm sure you have read all the 18 vs 19 threads. The 19 does have a little less rubber on the road and thus a little less cushioning. I've got the 18's and its pretty smooth. Of course I haven't hit 100 yet - course haven't quite had a reason yet - but maybe for some good research data, I'll have to give it a go.

·
Registered
405 Posts
sandman said:
I'm sure you have read all the 18 vs 19 threads. The 19 does have a little less rubber on the road and thus a little less cushioning. I've got the 18's and its pretty smooth. Of course I haven't hit 100 yet - course haven't quite had a reason yet - but maybe for some good research data, I'll have to give it a go.
here in VA Bch there very strict about speeding. 20mph over speed limit and you are charged with reckless driving. state troopers are almost as constant as every 2 miles or so on all major highways so i need to find a dirt road to test it on. the only need i have to go that fast is in an emergency. Or (never) if i want to loose my licence.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Dan-M said:
FMakes the old 6000 Vortec and the 4/10 tranny on the Denali seem kind of, well, cruddy.

The more I think about it the only thing I miss about the Denali was you could spell Daniel with the letters.
that hit me very hard :'( :eek:hno: :banghead:

·
Registered
159 Posts
So what speed does it kill it? I think it is 100 in our suburban and the silverado's and serria's (we've tested them)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rollin thunder said:
sandman said:
here in VA Bch there very strict about speeding. 20mph over speed limit and you are charged with reckless driving. state troopers are almost as constant as every 2 miles or so on all major highways so i need to find a dirt road to test it on. the only need i have to go that fast is in an emergency. Or (never) if i want to loose my licence.
Oh come on. General booth at about 3 a.m. Or better yet sandfiddeler. Kidding.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
So what speed does it kill it? I think it is 100 in our suburban and the silverado's and serria's (we've tested them)
i remove mine (or hit them with hammers until they break) when i get the vehicle. it was 102 in my old 1999 suburban but i am not sure in the 06 yukon or acadia .

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gmoney_2010 said:
I don't understand you question. Sorry.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dan-M said:
Gmoney_2010 said:
I don't understand you question. Sorry.
At what speed does the engine shut off?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ya it wasnt very well worded. sorry

·
Registered
405 Posts
Dan-M said:
rollin thunder said:
sandman said:
Oh come on. General booth at about 3 a.m. Or better yet sandfiddeler. Kidding.
thanks for the tip :thumb: i might try it for some fun and to learn how fast it will pass sombody. the best time is during a hirricane when they are called off the road. HAHA 100 m.p.h. winds and 110 m.p.h. speed 210 mph total COOL.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well the speedo goes to 140 so I would guess 141. LOL!!

Actually I have never shut down the motor by going too fast. I know Fords did that but never had it happen to me in the 2002 Sierra Denali I just traded in.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Dan-M said:
Well the speedo goes to 140 so I would guess 141. LOL!!

Actually I have never shut down the motor by going too fast. I know Fords did that but never had it happen to me in the 2002 Sierra Denali I just tradede in.
were do you guys go this fast and when. yall make is sound like it is nothing

·
Registered
752 Posts
In Los Angles, we just call it matching speed to get into the fast lane. Of course the other speed on the freeways has two less zero's (1mph) during rush hour. Funny word now that I think about it - the last thing anybody does is rush.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts