GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and apologize if this issue has been addressed. I've owned my 2009 Acadia for about a month and love it. My Bluetooth is paired with a Motorola Razor and all has worked flawlessly until about 3 days ago. Now on just about every trip at some point, whatever audio I am listening to is interrupted by 2 or 3 beeps with the phone icon appearing in the audio display panel. I first thought it was a notification of some sort of incoming call but that isn't the case. Each time it occurs I pick up the phone but it doesn't appear to be a phone issue. I think it's something with the car. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What you are describing sounds like a Bluetooth (BT) connection interruption or possibly the phone dropping service. On both our 2009 Bluetooth equipped vehicles (Dodge and GMC) there will be a beep or some type of sound with both of our phones (Nokia and Samsung) when the phones go out of range of the carrier or if the BT signal is lost, but I have not paid attention to the navigation radio display panel in the Acadia when this happens (see below). I'll try & help on this with some questions:

1) Have you checked http://www.gm.com/bluetooth to see if your phone and carrier are shown as compatible? I visited the site & see some carriers list the Razor V3 as well as other versions depending on the carrier. (Page 3-105 of the 2009 owner's manual)
If yes:
2) Does this happen in the same area?
3) In the other 3 weeks or so of driving, did you drive the vehicle in this same area?
4) Do you keep the phone in the same place each time?
5) Can you try another phone (that is on the above list) with the system to see if it also happens with that phone?

When it happens again, check your phone and see if it is receiving service.

If this is not the case, it sounds like the Bluetooth system is defective and would require warranty service.

Information from Blues Clues, which was written to help new members:
Why should I put my location in my profile?
Often your question or issue is or could be regional in nature. By placing your location in your profile, no one needs to ask you where you are. Your location is essential on a for sale post, since usually someone out of the area will not be interested in your item.

Why should I put my year and model in my signature?
As with the location issue, often a question you are asking about your Acadia will require those replying to know what you have. All trim levels (SL, SLE, SLT1, SLT2) have different equipment and options. There are also differences between front wheel drive (FWD) and all wheel drive (AWD).[/color]

In this instance, if you posted your location (city & state) along with the carrier (i.e. Sprint, Verizon, etc.) where this is happening, perhaps another member in that area has the same carrier and could advise if the same thing is happening to them, or not happening.

If you posted your trim level & option information, it would make it easier to find an answer, since the first thing I do when trying to answer a question is to look at the model year owner's manual. In some cases, I may try & duplicate the condition in our vehicle. If your system is different than mine, it may have different results.

Based on the remark audio display panel, I'm going to assume you do not have the navigation radio. I didn't see a reference to a phone icon in the manual, so more research was needed there. As I recall, the DIC also lists the phone status at some point. If you have an SLT trim, you have this. If an SLE, you don't.

Information is key to resolving this type of problem. The more you provide, the easier it is to answer questions.

I did some testing with a Nokia cell phone on our SLT2 Acadia. For this testing, I had the ignition on and after turning it off, I opened the door to stop any retained power before turning it back on.

The nav radio display does not change or make any indication when the phone is turned on or off. The only thing that happens is the driver info center (DIC) says "Bluetooth" when the phone is turned on after the ignition is already on, or several seconds after the ignition is on if the phone is already on in the vehicle. I could not duplicate loss of signal in our garage. The Nokia phone showed an icon when connected, and when I turned off the ignition and opened the door, it made a tone and the icon went away.

My educated guess at this point is either a non-compatible phone or a defect in the BT system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prompt and thorough reply. As you suggested, I added my location to my profile and model info to my signature. I do not have the navigation system. I am with AT&T and will monitor the situation and make note of the items you list that might be the cause. I'll report back when I get things figured out. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts