Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered today - no deposit required.

2008 SLT2
Red Jewel with Titanium Leather
HUD
HID
Dual Sunroofs
Towing
(Std wheels and radio) - decided to get aftermarket Nav and Wheels (or maybe the RVO25's)

$35406.60 with dest. (GMS)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congratulations! Now the wait starts. :eek:hno:

Although, I ordered mine on 8/31/07 and found out yesterday that it is supposed to be built next week, so delivery should be by the 2nd week of October.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered our Acadia last week of June, have not heard when the build date is or when to expect. Was last told by our dealer that the Acadia is on a Nationwide Backorder and with the Gm pending strike maybe several months before we MAY get it.

Anyone having similar experience? Or know of any information? What next steps can we take to get more info.? :help:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wouldn't call it a backorder... they have 3 shifts building them, but maybe they mean backorder because it takes 6-12 weeks to get them delivered instead of 3-4... If there is a strike it will delay everything, but I don't think you will have to wait much longer than the rest of us. We waited 11 weeks... it could also be the dealer's way of passing the blame for the fact that they have no more allocation and know your order will be ignored for a while. I think that's what happened to us. You might ask your dealer what his allocation is and if he's ordered yours above and beyond that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like your dealer is/was out of allocations. With a new model each dealer is limited to a certain number of units per week (allocations) that they can order. In extreme cases, it could be as little as 1 per week. If your dealer had placed 4 orders ahead of you, then it could possibly take a month before GM accepts the order (status code 2000). Only then the real wait begins. Before such time you are actually considered "pre-order" status. I think Status Code 1000?

Ask your dealer what your "status event code" is. It seems most of the Acadias being now delivered in Georgia were ordered 6.5 weeks before. Just this week 2 Acadias came in that were ordered at the very end of July.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Stressed Out said:
Ordered our Acadia last week of June, have not heard when the build date is or when to expect. Was last told by our dealer that the Acadia is on a Nationwide Backorder and with the Gm pending strike maybe several months before we MAY get it.

Anyone having similar experience? Or know of any information? What next steps can we take to get more info.? :help:
As the others have talked about, I would definitely ask your dealer about the allocation. When I ordered mine they had just gotten one allocation that week and used it to order mine. My dealer said that the build week is 9/17 and that I should see it by the 2nd week of October (I ordered 8/31/07).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealer said order was excepted by GMC two weeks ago. Still no build date. Said maybe JANUARY or later before we see it. Also am now reading that the Acadia for 2008 are comming with titanium carpet with titanium leather. When we ordered, only option was black carpet. Don't know if we will like the lighter color.(shows too much dirt, we have two boys 5 and 9. I also coach football, baseball and soccer. lots of kids in and out all year around)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Stressed Out said:
Dealer said order was excepted by GMC two weeks ago. Still no build date. Said maybe JANUARY or later before we see it. Also am now reading that the Acadia for 2008 are comming with titanium carpet with titanium leather. When we ordered, only option was black carpet. Don't know if we will like the lighter color.(shows too much dirt, we have two boys 5 and 9. I also coach football, baseball and soccer. lots of kids in and out all year around)
When you ordered, it was actually the gray, you just didn't know that it was a change for 2008. That said, it's either getting the gray dirty or the black getting dust and crumbs and whatever else and looking awful too.

The solution? Get all-season custom rubber mats throughout. Every month or so, shake & hose them, and in the meantime, nothing ever touches the carpet or makes it look awful.
-------------------------------

Back to the orders, they do seem to be taking longer and longer at times, but similarly, there's also a lot of issues with dealers just not having that large of an allocation and lots of custom orders, and just a big number of orders in the first place--both custom and for general dealer lot vehicles. Though, at this point, I suspect the general dealer inventory order spots are largely being used instead for customer orders.

We just were looking at an Enclave (a dealer actually had one) and were told the common thing is just to go online and build one, bring that back in, and have them order it. That was completely expected, amongst our discussion, and at the same time he also said they have 6 more in the pipeline over the next umpteen weeks/months, all of which are customer orders. For the Buick, at least, he said 2 months. That seems about right, or at least on the very low end, for most people--a lot go longer.

Didn't ask about the Acadia and their ordering information, or about their allocation (this was a relatively smaller place), but wish I had now, just for curiosities sake.

·
Registered
69 Posts
;D I placed my order on the 10th of Sept. & it is being built this week. I should have it next weekend.

Pat

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Old Timer said:
;D I placed my order on the 10th of Sept. & it is being built this week. I should have it next weekend.

Pat
Wow, that great! I haven't seen an order get turned around that fast. The 3rd shift must really be speeding things up. :thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I ordered mine from Bob Broclkland's in Cahokia, IL. I was told that it would be 4-6 weeks before the car would arrive. The dealer's son Bobby Jr. checked Friday & my car had a production date of this week. I about fell out of my chair. He said tha GM placed a restrain on ordering any Acadias' with the 2nd row bucket seats so he thinks that is why my car is being pushed ahead. I have the regular bench seat.

He place another SLE order just an hour before my order & I received a build date before the first order.

I am replacing my 96 Jimmy. My dog didn't need the buckets or the DVD player either.

Pat

·
Registered
99 Posts
Old Timer said:
I ordered mine from Bob Broclkland's in Cahokia, IL. I was told that it would be 4-6 weeks before the car would arrive. The dealer's son Bobby Jr. checked Friday & my car had a production date of this week. I about fell out of my chair. He said tha GM placed a restrain on ordering any Acadias' with the 2nd row bucket seats so he thinks that is why my car is being pushed ahead. I have the regular bench seat.

He place another SLE order just an hour before my order & I received a build date before the first order.

I am replacing my 96 Jimmy. My dog didn't need the buckets or the DVD player either.

Pat
I ordered a SLE with 2nd row bucket seats on 8/31/07 and have a build week of this week. I think the restrain on ordering was if you ordered the optional 2nd row console for the bucket seats (which I did not). I believe I saw that posted on her somewhere.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Our build week was also the 9/17. :cheers: This week. Hoping everything is still on plan and we will also be getting it in the first week or so in October. :blob:

·
Registered
99 Posts
BigDawg said:
Our build week was also the 9/17. :cheers: This week. Hoping everything is still on plan and we will also be getting it in the first week or so in October. :blob:
I'm hoping mine got built this week as this was my build week also. I'm dying to get it and would be so happy if it shows up the 1st or 2nd week of October.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts