GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do Acadia's have these types of rims?? Don't want to use the wrong wheel cleaner!

·
Super Moderator
22,590 Posts
hi, Metamoron! Welcome to Acadiaville! Some one will ask you soon to fill out all the info in your profile so we can see what Acadia model and options you have purchased. The type of wheel on your Acadia should be listed on the "options" sheet that was stuck in the window when you bought it. I'm sure the wheel "experts" will read this soon and give you all sorts of good advice on the care and feeding (so to speak) of your rims.
:cheers:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I use Mequiars Hot Rims All Wheel cleaner on my stuff if they get really grimmy. Otherwise, I just use a soft brush with car wash liquid. It works on the Acadia coated wheels, my trucks Alcoa polished aluminum and the chrome wheels on my Mustang with no problems.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I think the finish on the wheels may be similar to the painted body surface and thus can be treated as such. I'm sure someone who knows more than me though will chime in.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I have used eagle one wheel cleaner and have had no problems so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JLF said:
I use Mequiars Hot Rims All Wheel cleaner on my stuff if they get really grimmy. Otherwise, I just use a soft brush with car wash liquid. It works on the Acadia coated wheels, my trucks Alcoa polished aluminum and the chrome wheels on my Mustang with no problems.
OK, that's what I got and wanted to make sure it was safe for my wheels. Although, it's hard to get behind the rims to get the inside of the wheel rims clean...I used the Meguiars quick detailer on the ext. after washing and it looks good!!

Which is better Quick Wax or NXT spray wax? How often do you use it? Every other wash? Want to keep it lookin' good! :thumb:

I am looking for a good interior cleaner/conditioner for dash, and leather seats...anyone??

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I have the Carbon also, biggest thing to watch our for is Swirl marks or micro marring from washing it. Check this thread here, this is what I went through with my Carbon Black. http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3153.0

Paintcarendetailing has some great advice, check out his site and tips to washing. i have done has his site shows with the 2 bucket, grit guard and foam gun method. Works great. Scratches still appear here and there, so I just break out the buffer. Carbon looks great all the time, but excellent when it shines.

I am using the NXT liquid wax (haven't seen a spray kind) I like it. I apply every 3-4 months, after a clay bar process. I wash it often and am now using an eagle one Wax As U Dry spray that gives it a very nice continual smooth finish with nice water beading and run off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts