GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... I was wondering where everybody is putting amps in their Acadias. I saw some pretty sweet setups... like the guy with the custom built suede amp/sub box in the rear compartment. But, I don't know if I'm looking to drop that kind of cash. I have no intention on making this a show car... I just like to ride down Lake Shore Drive jamming out on a nice summer night. I'm going to replace all the really lame stock components, but was wondering if there are any great places to mount a small 5 channel amp.

So, out of curiosity, has anybody used the area behind the glove box, underneath 2nd row captains seats, rear storage area, etc?

Just want to gather your thoughts...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put an AMP in the rear storage area.....same with the X-over's....

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
tob64 said:
Photos please.

Have you thought about under the 3rd row seats. Looks like there might be some space, from the photos on this post. here

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
tob64 said:
I guess it all depends on how big the amp is; there seems to be some areas for a small to medium size amp; unless you're going for 1,000+ watts or something :poke:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 08 GMC Acadia and I’m experiencing issues with my sound. The speakers seem to come and go randomly, including the chime noise for the seat belts. I swapped out the stock Radio, didn’t resolve the issues. I checked for water leaks, damage, etc… and nothing. At this point Im assuming it’s the AMP , my vehicle does not have the BOSE system so im curious whether or not there is even an AMP. I noticed that there is a hidden compartment where the car jack is and there are (2) box like attachments. I believe one is for the ONSTAR system and behind it is another which im assuming could be the stock AMP.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please note; I tried to take off the box behind the ONSTART box but the screws seem strange and I can’t pull it off. I’m afraid if I pull it hard it will break it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts