GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I have a 2009 gmc Acadia Sle Awd with bose sound system/onstar and rear DVD player/rear climate control. I am trying to wire up subs and amp to the factory head unit and I am having trouble finding what color speaker wires are the rear left/right positive/negative wires so I can wire an RCA converter? If anyone has done this before can I please have your input on what color wires I am suppose to wire the converter to?

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
220 Posts
Unfortunately from what I have heard it isn’t quite that simple. BOSE is proprietary so you have to buy a module to decode their signal, for a lack of better words. I know that crutchfield sells one as I was considering adding a sub to my 2018 with Bose. The missing link was around $400 and I was told of i didnt use it my amp and sub were expensive paper weights. I will go find the link and try and post it in a minute

·
Registered
220 Posts
Pretty sure its the Maestro AR interface...there are a few to choose from. Looks like they are around $100.00 to $200.00.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to bridge my rca line converter off of the rear speakers, after doing a complete wire tuck I was able to get power to the amp with working remote and plenty of power to the subs they hit hard!!! All done off of factory head unit

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was able to bridge my rca line converter off of the rear speakers, after doing a complete wire tuck I was able to get power to the amp with working remote and plenty of power to the subs they hit hard!!! All done off of factory head unit
Damn that sounds promising. I have a Sony Xplode 1000 watt amp and a box with 2 - 12” Sony Subs. I will have to tear the truck apart next time the wife is at work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if the 2018 are as simple as the 2009 but it all worked out after setting my radio setting to rear speakers only and pulling the clips behind the deck until it shut off the rear speakers. I then knew that was the harness I was working with an from there it was figuring out which color wires were -/+ for both left and right rear sides and bridged my converter off of them. Pink wire is ignition wire so I bridged my remote wire off it do it kills and starts the amp with key on an off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't bridge remote off of something more simple like cigar lighter because gm decided to leave the cigar lighter with constant power even when the car is off

·
Registered
220 Posts
I couldn't bridge remote off of something more simple like cigar lighter because gm decided to leave the cigar lighter with constant power even when the car is off
Yeah I did some more investigating and I can not bridge my BOSE that way. Something about frequency or ohms or impedance or some nonsense like that. At any rate I do have to purchase a decoder and run everything through that. Unfortunately the decoder thingy is around $400. So, needless to say that is going to have to wait for sometime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts