GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the temp sensor is after the TSB that relocated it? and what does it look like? Believe sensor is shot as last couple of car trips i have gotten a
--- for a Temp sensor

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
its going to have to be IN FRONT of the Radiators (engine/and AC)...
and behind the bumper...
here is what mine looks like.. (on my Traverse).

in the pic you can see the 3- cooling fins-- for the AC condenser, engine radiator, and PS cooler.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
it should be near the area that air comes in--- get down and look up... should be somewhere behind the grille... or lower..
where it does not get heat from engine.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Whoever picked that spot should be shot. I am pretty convinced you can not get to it without taking the grill off.....

I yanked the fuse started the car and reseated it... it appears to be working now but if it is shot i am not sure how i will replace a 6 dollar part

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
when its acting up....
have you tried the instant update...

press the AC button and the Recirculate button at the same time... this updates the temp instantly.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the first time i did it the temp read -40 and then would not allow me to turn the AC on. after another five min, i did it again and it read the correct temperature

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not Good. I replaced the part(although i am convinced Rock Auto sent me a used one as it was dirty and had a clip broken) Either way this "new one" is still causing issues.. Works fine, restart the car then it shows --- for a little bit, then starts working again... Not sure if it is something else yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions on a over heating issue with an 09 Acadia. Runs good on highway. As soon as we drive in city it starts to over heat.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
going to have to look at coolant lever in the reservoir AND the radiator.
Check for coolant leaks at water pump (weep hole).

·
Registered
325 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions on a over heating issue with an 09 Acadia. Runs good on highway. As soon as we drive in city it starts to over heat.

Other things to check is the radiator cap for proper pressure and see if your cooling fans are running when you are driving around town with the air on. Higher speed allows more air over the radiator so fans may not be needed then.

Owners manual should show you the location of the fan relays in the under hood fuse panel. There are three of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts