GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody successfully replaced the ambient lighting bulb that projects onto the dash/cupholder area? I really like the idea and amount of light it distributes... but I'm not crazy about the amber color. It kind of reminds me of 1970's Golden Nugget. If it's an easy swap. I'd like to put a blueish hue or even white LED. If it's something that is a royal PIA, it wouldn't be worth it to me. Just thought I'd ask to see if anybody had suggetions...

Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
big10purdue said:
Has anybody successfully replaced the ambient lighting bulb that projects onto the dash/cupholder area? I really like the idea and amount of light it distributes... but I'm not crazy about the amber color. It kind of reminds me of 1970's Golden Nugget. If it's an easy swap. I'd like to put a blueish hue or even white LED. If it's something that is a royal PIA, it wouldn't be worth it to me. Just thought I'd ask to see if anybody had suggetions...

Thanks
The white LED color you are talking about may be blinding/distracting at night because of the glare. You may get away with a red or blue if you can find them. I know GM has used various colors for this over the years. Red and amber seem to be the most used. I have not heard of anyone change this yet but there's always a first.

Bobby

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point, Bobby. The white may be distracting. I travel alot for work... so I'm always in rental cars (none as nice as the Acadia) but I have seen this ambient lighting in numerous cars and numerous colors. I just want anything other than the amber.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts