GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions I didn't ask when test driving an Acadia today...

When you start driving do the doors automatically lock and

At nite are the controls (stereo, cruise, window controls) lit up?

Thanks.

dd

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
dombodals said:

At nite are the controls (stereo, cruise, window controls) lit up?

Thanks.

dd
1. You can set the doors to lock automatically

2. All items light up.

·
Registered
533 Posts
dombodals said:

You have a few options on when (and if) your doors lock. One option will lock the doors when you take the gearshift out of Park. Another will lock the doors after either a preset time (10 seconds) after beginning to drive, or at approx. 8-10 mph. You'd have to check the book.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
You dim the dash lights down to your comfort level, and they are a RED color. Some people don't like the RED.

The doors auto unlock when the vehicle is placed in Park.

There is also a nice little orange LED that projects a soft yet handy and nice looking light down on the radio console part of the dash, and cup holders. It is mounted near the Homelink buttons on the roof liner.
The light is a nice touch.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It was posted that the door lock feature is adjustable by the owner. I believe this is only true if the vehicle has the D.I.C. or Driver's Information Center. If you get an SLE that doesn't have this option, you won't be able to adjust. The D.I.C. controls can be added by the owner for about $30.00 and about an hour of time. It's not hard to do, but there is a fuse that needs to be remove to reset the system, and it's not in a good location. There is information on the forum about how to do it, as well as pictures. Good luck. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
biggs4040 said:
It was posted that the door lock feature is adjustable by the owner. I believe this is only true if the vehicle has the D.I.C. or Driver's Information Center. If you get an SLE that doesn't have this option, you won't be able to adjust. The D.I.C. controls can be added by the owner for about $30.00 and about an hour of time. It's not hard to do, but there is a fuse that needs to be remove to reset the system, and it's not in a good location. There is information on the forum about how to do it, as well as pictures. Good luck. :confused:
Has anyone done this with an 09? I will have to look, but thought only 08's so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts