GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was quite surprised to learn that my planned build week was next week. I placed my order 10 days ago with a dealer on Sat. Aug. 30th. A GM rep (not from dealership) who has statused my order told me on the phone today that he would expect my Acadia to be built and completed by approx. Sep. 16 / 17. Can you believe that? He told me that dealers sometimes have the ability to expedite selected orders, and this is how an order can go from paper to hardware in 16 days. He indicated that as of today, body parts had already been stamped and kitted for my order.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
912 Posts
It doesn't take long ours is to be built on Monday and we should see it 5-7 days later.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Smooth said:
I was quite surprised to learn that my planned build week was next week. I placed my order 10 days ago with a dealer on Sat. Aug. 30th. A GM rep (not from dealership) who has statused my order told me on the phone today that he would expect my Acadia to be built and completed by approx. Sep. 16 / 17. Can you believe that? He told me that dealers sometimes have the ability to expedite selected orders, and this is how an order can go from paper to hardware in 16 days. He indicated that as of today, body parts had already been stamped and kitted for my order.

Smooth <><[/color]
Smooth I believe the your GM rep has been lurking on this forum for a while and wants to get you
your acadia ASAP because you've waited long enough for your acadia. ;D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DSNY FN said:
It doesn't take long ours is to be built on Monday and we should see it 5-7 days later.
I guess it doesn't take too long to ship from Lansing Mich to your location. I'm 2,500 miles away from the plant, so there's a long train ride inbetween. I'm most amazed at the short interval from order to build, not so much build to delivery.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Sounds like a Smooth <><[/color] deal alright. :) I wouldn't hold my breath on the delivery, though. My salesman told me today (dealer delivery date on the invoice was Monday 9-8) that it shows as "5000" (delivered to dealer), yet they don't have it. He said the process is factory to rail, rail to yard, yard to truck, and truck to dealer.

EDIT
Actually, the race is on. I bought a 1991 Dodge Daytona in Napa, CA and it was picked up on 9-7. It is currently in Banta, CA Sparks, NV as of today after spending 2 days at the shipper's terminal. The shipper said I'll have it by the 20th.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Smooth said:
DSNY FN said:
I guess it doesn't take too long to ship from Lansing Mich to your location. I'm 2,500 miles away from the plant, so there's a long train ride inbetween. I'm most amazed at the short interval from order to build, not so much build to delivery.

Smooth <><[/color]
Ya I am only 50 minutes tops from the border at Port Huron and Sarnia Ontario and a whopping hour and a half from teh Windsor Detroit border so we are pretty darn close to Lansing as it would be especially in comparison to your local.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts