GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading all the threads about all-weather floor mats for the Acadia, I'm more confused than ever! I want some good all-weather mats for the second and third rows that will cover the pass-through area between the captains chairs. My main concern is the smell that everyone is complaining about.

I was hoping to take advantage of the discount code for stylingtrucks.com so I think I need to order soon. Soccer and baseball season is coming up soon so I'm really anxious to get these mats.

What are the best all-weather mats at the best price without an offensive smell? Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I haven't picked up 2nd/3rd row mats yet myself, but from everything I've read and the pictures I've seen I will most definitely be going with the Hexomats. I haven't read any complaints about any smell with them and the pictures look like they've got great coverage.

·
Registered
60 Posts
baseballmom94 said:
I was hoping to take advantage of the discount code for stylingtrucks.com so I think I need to order soon.
I am waiting on my order from Autoupgrade.net. I started to order with Stylintrucks.com but gave Autoupgrade a call & chance to met or beat the price. They beat Stylin price by about $6 when it was all said and done.

baseballmom94 said:
My main concern is the smell that everyone is complaining about.
From what I have read, the smell will pass with time. I plan on hanging them outside on the fence when they arrive for maybe a week. Firgured it could hurt anything and may help them lay flat once installed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info.

I looked at the Hexomats on the autoupgrade.net site. They are a lot more expensive than the rubbertites on the stylintrucks.com site.

Anyone have a discount code for autoupgrade.net?

Thanks!

·
Registered
730 Posts
baseballmom94 said:
Thanks for all the info.

I looked at the Hexomats on the autoupgrade.net site. They are a lot more expensive than the rubbertites on the stylintrucks.com site.

Thanks!
try this: R63M42

·
Registered
60 Posts
baseballmom94 said:
Even wih the "code", Stylin was cheaper, but when I called autoupgrade.net and told them, they found a way to beat the Stylin price.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, I can confirm that as well. Just received my hexomats from Autoupgrade, today! I have the GM all weather mats for all over, but doubled up and ordered the hexo for the 2nd row (have them underneath the GM ones). This provides full coverage down the middle aisle (butts up against the 3rd row mat) and provides a little extra on the sides where you step into the 2nd row seats. Smell not as bad as I was expecting, based on earlier posts. Order with confidence.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sorry -- my post did not make sense.

I meant to say that autoupgrade does carry hexomats but stylintrucks does not. Stylintrucks was the website with a nice discount by using a coupon code that I would like to have autoupgrade match. I would really like to find a discount code...I'm ordering these for a leased Acadia so I don't want to pour a lot of money into them.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Fedex just came and I opened the box and installed the Lloyds rubbertites from ]stylintrucks.com[/color] using their $219.00 (including shipping) to AF members. They fit perfectly and do not smell. The 5th mat for 3rd row down use actually folds in half and stores on top of the "behind 3rd seat" mat. They allow for sliding the 2nd row seats all the way up and do not interfere with the track. They have holes punched in them to line up with the floor plugs for securing them (although they really don't need securing since they don't slide).

·
Registered
8 Posts
lagunasrfr - Do you happen to have a pic of the 5th mat folded over in the Cargo area? Does it fold over pretty flat so the area is still usable with the 3rd seat up? I am trying to decide if it is worth having 2 different mats for the cargo area or if the larger one will work.

Thanks
Brandon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: Lloyd Rubbertites: The "5th" mat, when folded in half, just about equals the area behind the 3rd row seat. There is a fold that is not too high and would level out when something was placed on it. I'll try and get a pic. Re: the smell. There is a bit of a smell that is going away. I guess with the square footage of rubber (5 mats) there would be a slight smell with any mat package. Here is the stylintrucks web page for Lloyd mats http://www.stylintrucks.com/frameset/lloyd.aspx?pl=rt for those who want to use the discount mentioned earlier in this thread.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry about the pics in last post. I guess they were cropped by the forum system. The last pic shows the fold (behind the paint can).

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I got my Lloyd Rubbertite mats from Stylin' Trucks a few days ago. I laid them out in the living room to warm up and flatten. When my wife got home she wanted to know if a skunk got in the house. :) They look like nice mats though.

I emailed Stylin' Trucks and got a reply:

Hello,

Yes we have heard of this numerous times and the solution is vanilla soap and water. It solves it every time.

Ryan[/color]

I'm not sure if they mean "vanilla soap" and water or vanilla, soap, and water. I tried the latter and they still have an odor. But it was artificial vanilla, so I dunno. I'll give it another try tomorrow.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I soaked my mats in a laundry tub full of really hot water, and it seemed to take a lot of the edge off the mat odor. I don't particularly notice the odor anymore when I get in the car. Worth a try?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Does anyone think that the raised lip edge of the husky liner is better for isolating liquid spills, or melted snow that my channel its way to the carpet on the Hexomat?

IMO, I am liking the husky liner better?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts