GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a three year old son almost every day there's a mess to clean up from boot prints and other associated mess, not to mention general dusting and wiping in the "grownup's" area up front.

I've seen all the suggestions about warm water and a cloth, but that's not always practical and doable especially when out on the road. There are million different brands of interior wipes out there, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience/recommendations with any of these?

For instance, I saw a post about someone using the Armor All wipes on the leather and it left streaks.

Is there anything out there I can just leave in the car, and pull out and use for emergency wiping purposes? Better yet, for full cleaning purposes too?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I use Armor All leather wipes all the time on my leather with no streaks. I just use Huggies baby wipes on the vinyl for quick clean ups. I leave a small box in the back of front passenger seat and refill from the large pack in house as needed. They are so mild and super for quick clean ups. I have used them on the leather too and it has been fine, but when I want the leather to look real nice I hit the seats with the leather wipes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't have kids yet but baby wipes are a must for emergency clean up, it's almost odd how well they clean up a mess. We carry some in both our cars.

I personally have a strong distaste for Armor-All products so if you really want a "wipe" I'd look elsewhere IMHO, I've used the Meguire's Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes in the past but now use a simple spray on leather cleaner from Meguire's. For all around interior I would suggest the Quik Interior from them. Also, Lexol has a new line of wipes that I've heard good things about. :cheers: All can be found at www.autogeek.net or your local shop.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would suggest staying away from ArmorAll wipes for constant, daily use. The protective "stuff" in it really turns your dash into something resembling goop with buildup from too frequent usage.

I'd also be hesitant to suggest anything short of a spray bottle of water and paper towels, and a sponge or cloths for the seats; I've always had issues with fade / staining / etc when using any kind of cleaning product meant for the household on the interior of a car. I had a friend of mine in the detailing business sell me some concentrated stuff he used to pull stains out of fabrics, but I have no idea the name of the product. Sorry.

The one thing I can tell you; stay far away from anything with ammonia in it. That includes Windex.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't do wipes. I have a small detailing kit in my storage compartment in the back floor. Window cleaner, carpet/upholstery shampoo, spray wax for bird poop, towels, etc. I have two Doberman's and when they get car sick, Dad comes to the rescue. I pull over and attend the the mess. To me the wipes on the market don't do enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts