GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually I feel like a dope now. It started acting up again. Took to autozone they said alternator was working great but battery was testing bad. Gonna replace tomorrow and hope that fixes it. If I just drive car it’s fine, if I turn on everything including seat heaters it starts to act up. Hoping it’s battery. 🤞🏼

·
Super Moderator
19,070 Posts
... Took to autozone they said alternator was working great but battery was testing bad. Gonna replace tomorrow and hope that fixes it. ...
Sorry to know that. Hope it works out for you. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So.....she took car to gmc, they said battery was fine and said it was due to her side vehicle detection system being bad, and that was draining the power and causing the problems. This side detection system has been down for over a year cause of the cost to fix. I told her probably bs bit shy paid to have it fixed. And so far problems are gone. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m praying it messes up again so I can say hah!!! Btw $850 and will probably go out again in a few years.

·
Super Moderator
19,070 Posts
... This side detection system has been down for over a year cause of the cost to fix. ...
It's a shame you didn't take the Acadia in for this problem sooner. It could have been covered by an SCA. Reimbursement might be in your future if time and mileage hasn't been exceeded - maybe a partial one if the criteria is close enough and 'the General' feels generous. ;)

#N172097060: Special Coverage Adjustment - Side Blind Zone Alert Module Water Intrusion - (Apr 1, 2019)
Some 2013-2017 GMC Acadia (Limited) vehicles, may have a condition where the Side Blind Zone Alert (SBZA) modules may fail or malfunction due to water intrusion. The driver may experience a side blind zone alert message displayed on the driver instrument cluster (DIC). If this message is ignored, the condition could result in the corruption of LS GMLAN that may result in the loss of some driver interface functions such as cluster, infotainment / displays, chime, and passenger presence detection (passenger airbag could be suppressed, w/airbag TT, DIC message). This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 6 years or 80,000 miles (130,000 krn), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, she’s got 88k on it now amd when we took it in, it was in the 60’s or 70’s. She bought it used so I’m not sure what she got. U would think the dealer would know if it was covered. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
19,070 Posts
Yeah, she’s got 88k on it now amd when we took it in, it was in the 60’s or 70’s. She bought it used so I’m not sure what she got. U would think the dealer would know if it was covered. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sometimes it's the way the problem is presented to the service writer and it slips their mind. It will be in your best interest to contact GMC Customer Care. They might surprise you with a full refund, or a portion of what was paid. The worst they can say is, "No."

21 - 26 of 26 Posts