GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this issue:

All gauges: Tach, speedometer, fuel, volts, temp frozen (almost as if the car is turned off) - but this happened all of a sudden while the car was operating
Other systems working ok, but did get a notice to service the traction control system.

Turned the car off, then back on again and everything came back to normal.

Going to call the dealer tomorrow.

5,300 miles, about 2 months old

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. The complete dash was black, no lights at all. I shut the car off and everything was fine on the restart. It has never happened again. ???

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yup same thing happened to me a while back, told the dealer, they found nothing wrong. Has never happened again.
Let us know if your dealer tells you otherwise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dealer could not find any fault codes or issues (of course) - :-\

they went ahead and did a "H2508 Electronic brake and/or traction control mod reprogramming with SPS"

told me to keep an eye on it....so we'll see what happens. Interesting that multiple people have had the same issue.

thanx guys.

j

·
Registered
35 Posts
This happened to me too...after refueling...started the vehicle and no guages working!

Tried to turn off and start multiple times...still not working...

Drove an hour on the freeway...head up speed still registered...shut it off...restarted and all guages worked again...

Perplexed again!

I think they need a Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the dash! :banghead:

·
Registered
263 Posts
gyr8ion said:
:rofl: :hyper: That would be sweet!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
[/quote]

:rofl: :hyper: That would be sweet!!! :thumb:
[/quote]

Toooo Funny!!

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I see a few of you are having difficulties with your gauges. If you want me to run your VIN for any open issues please private message me and reference this concern. I can also set you up an appointment with your dealer if you are concerned. If you have been to the dealer, keep us all posted on any diagnosis. Have a great day!
Kelly J. -GMC Customer Care

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Except for the last two replies on this post, all of the replies were from 2007 and 2008! The one reply from 2013 which noted the inoperative dash cluster was regarding a 2007 model. There might be a TSB regarding dash clusters from the early production years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same things happen constantly over the last 2 days. Everything starts fine, but as I drive, I get the same messages and problems with the gages. Has anyone figured it out? Also, when my gauges fail and the messages pop up, my radio dies, as well as power windows. Seems like a total electrical failure. Any ideas? If I let the car sit for a while, it goes back to normal, before starting with the problems again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same problem now - 2009 Acadia...All dash lights come on and flash, car won't start. Its been at the dealer for 2 weeks and they have no idea what to do. Getting REALLY FRUSTRATED.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you find out the problem?

Having the same problem now - 2009 Acadia...All dash lights come on and flash, car won't start. Its been at the dealer for 2 weeks and they have no idea what to do. Getting REALLY FRUSTRATED.

I have a 2015 and my problem started a couple of days ago with my dashboard lights brightening and then gauges went to zero then they would dim and the gauges would come back up (with inaccurate info); all of this would repeat over and over while driving. It sat for 8 hours and I drove it again with the same problem and now it will not start... Battery has a full charge.

Did you find a solution to your problem?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I have a 2015 and my problem started a couple of days ago with my dashboard lights brightening and then gauges went to zero then they would dim and the gauges would come back up (with inaccurate info); all of this would repeat over and over while driving. It sat for 8 hours and I drove it again with the same problem and now it will not start... Battery has a full charge.

Did you find a solution to your problem?
You realize that user hasn't posted in almost 4 years?

·
Super Moderator
22,560 Posts
Some things to consider:
1. Instrument panel responses and engine start commands pass through the BCM, and
2. All this begins with the turn of a key in the ignition switch.

Might help someone with a starting point while troubleshooting the problem.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You realize that user hasn't posted in almost 4 years?
Never really understood these posts. My guess is that these kind of posts come from new users who don't know how forums work.

Anyways, back to original post.

Like mentioned this is probably an issue with a central component since it's impacting many things. Has it been raining a lot in your area recently?

My guesses based on info provided:

1. Fuse Panel water intrusion/corrosion
2. BCM
3, Battery and or charging system

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having these problems with my 2013 Acadia. Found that if you have tilt steering wheel all the way up it pinched wires behind dash. As soon as I lowered it everything was fine.

·
Super Moderator
22,560 Posts
Having these problems with my 2013 Acadia. Found that if you have tilt steering wheel all the way up it pinched wires behind dash. As soon as I lowered it everything was fine.
Welcome to the forum.
Great detective work. You don't say if the problem was repaired and how it was done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts