GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the invoice on my 2009 that was ordered 8-7-08. The price was $484 higher than quoted. The destination charge went from $735 to $1,255, a $492 increase!

Has anyone else seen this?

UPDATE 9-2-08
The destination charge is still $735. My former dealer tried to slip in ad fees after my quoted total price.
[/color]

·
Registered
912 Posts
Re: ALERT! Destination charge increased!!!

Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I just got the invoice on my 2009 that was ordered 8-7-08. The price was $484 higher than quoted. The destination charge went from $735 to $1,255, a $492 increase!

Has anyone else seen this?
They are bringing it in line with the destination charge we pay up here.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I agree with DSNY FN here in Canada the destination charge is $1220. And for some reason we also pay more more the vehicles we buy here as well. :angryfire:

On the other hand if you were over-charged on the destination fee then I would fight to get that reversed. If I may ask, didn't you get a written contract outlining the purchase price? I ordered my Acadia on 08/08 and they gave me a written contract.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Looks like The General is telling all of us to bend over and grab our ankles. :angryfire: :angryfire: Here's a big thanks for buying GM.. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Amended 9-3-08: GM--I looked before I leaped :eek:. Will you forgive me for saying those nasty things about you....????? :-[ :-[

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Good point as far as in writing- what I have is the order workbench paperwork with a handwritten "$38,963.35 + tax minus any rebates or incentives". I doubt they have to honor that, but we also did not put down a deposit.

If it is meant to be, it will. If not, we just sold our Durango and still have the other one to use while we find something else.

In the mean time, I've been pricing Journeys (2009) and Durangos (2008) fully loaded w/ Nav & everything the Acadia had less the cooled seats. I can get a Journey w/ no hassle for around $29K (MSRP less $1,500, so this would easily be another $1K lower w/ negotiation) or a Durango Limited (SLT2 version ;)) for around $31K ($6K in factory cash, and some dealers are adding over $2k).

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

One other thing, it makes sense the price is higher in Canada. I recall looking at some Mazda vehicles that I wanted to buy because they were right hand drive. Turns out, there is a mountain of red tape to bring a vehicle into this country from Canada, so perhaps it is the same way to bring one into Canada from this country? I know the taxes are sky-high there, so the cost of doing business may well be also.

·
Registered
912 Posts

Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
One other thing, it makes sense the price is higher in Canada. I recall looking at some Mazda vehicles that I wanted to buy because they were right hand drive. Turns out, there is a mountain of red tape to bring a vehicle into this country from Canada, so perhaps it is the same way to bring one into Canada from this country? I know the taxes are sky-high there, so the cost of doing business may well be also.
We only pay 13% tax in Ontario on everything but kisd clothing and shoes and groceries. Everything else get the 13%. I have not seen any right hand drive vehicles here I would love one but haven't found one. Not for sale anyhow there is also a huge ammt of red tape to get a vehicle into Canada from teh US and US GM dealers CAN'T sell a NEW vehicle to people from Canada GM won't allow it.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Post #1 and thread title edited/updated to reflect what actually took place.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Post #1 and thread title edited/updated to reflect what actually took place.
Congrats makes you feel better now doesn;t it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
And now you can even save more with employee pricing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.