GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All who own the Acadia--does your SUV come with an Alarm system already? Was it standard or did it come with a package? What features does the alarm have?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mine doesn't have any alarm that I know of. Maybe on the SLT's?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I know it talks about it in the book but it says... "Your vehicle MAY have a content theft-deterrent
alarm system"

When I tried it, it didn't seem to do anything. Either mine doesn't have it or it doesn't work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know about the content thief deterrent, but my SLE has the standard alarm system. I followed what the manual said to test it and it worked. Horn starts to honk and does so until I stop it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine doesn't have any alarm that I know of. Maybe on the SLT's?

I'm Not sure about the SLE! But I have to say that I didn't even realize that we had an alarm until I read the manuel. Give this a shot, Try pushing your remote key fob lock button 2 times and if the horn sounds once you have an alarm. I may add an additional system to my Acadia. Not sure what it's called but on my old vehicle we had glass break (so even if someone banged into the Acadia the Alarm would sound).
Let us know if the SLE has it.
Lee

·
Registered
681 Posts
I am pretty sure that all the models of the Acadia have the Theft Deterrent System - read pages 118 - 122 in the manual to learn more about the system - it is basically the horn will sound and lights flash if someone opens the door without deactivating the system with the key fob or turning the key manually in the door - so if someone broke your window and reached in and unlocked your door the horns will beep and light flash. We also have the Passkey system which is a special chip built inside of our keys - the vehicle reads the chip - if it matches then the vehicle will start - if no chip is detected the vehicle will not start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts