GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Acadia (SLT) and approximately 20 minutes after locking the car doors the car alarm (Theft-Deterrent) goes off. I have tested this by parking the car in my enclosed garage where no one can touch the car and still goes off. When I start the car after the alarm goes off, the car display states "Theft Attempted”. It just started doing this just a few weeks ago. Prior to that, everything was okay. Had the car now 16 months.

I also have another problem whereby, I’m driving down the highway and I get a display warning “Hood Open” and I know the hood not open. Therefore, there must be something wrong with the electrically system.

Has anybody run into these problems before and how did you fix the problem?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
DP said:
I have a 2008 Acadia (SLT) and approximately 20 minutes after locking the car doors the car alarm (Theft-Deterrent) goes off. I have tested this by parking the car in my enclosed garage where no one can touch the car and still goes off. When I start the car after the alarm goes off, the car display states "Theft Attempted”. It just started doing this just a few weeks ago. Prior to that, everything was okay. Had the car now 16 months.

I also have another problem whereby, I’m driving down the highway and I get a display warning “Hood Open” and I know the hood not open. Therefore, there must be something wrong with the electrically system.

Has anybody run into these problems before and how did you fix the problem?

Thank you
I wonder if it is possible that the hood sensor is the only problem, not a system wide electrical problem, and that it is sending a signal that it is "open" to the alarm system causing the alarm to go off. I have not heard of this, but could be an easy fix under warranty. I would contact the service department.

·
Super Moderator
22,429 Posts
DP, have you done any self-performed modifications or accessory installations to your Acadia? If you did (and you don't have to tell us!), the best place to start would be the fuse box. Blown fuses in the body circuits can cause some really strange electrical feedback problems that can be simply fixed by inserting a good fuse.

If you bought your Acadia with all the accessories you want and never decided to add anything else, let your GM service department figure out how to fix it. You don't state what mileage you have, but I'm assuming you're still covered by the manufacturer's warranty. So what if it's a headache for you to get your Acadia to the service department. You paid for the repair when you bought the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Interesting problem; looking forward to seeing the fix. I agree with Bonk; the hood open warning must be setting off the alarm

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Montreal and I have a 2008 Acadia SLT and had the same problem. I sprayed a little bit of WD-40 on the latching mechanism and everything went back to normal . I figured that with our bad winters it was a little bit of rust and dirt .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts